This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Jessica of Tangled Up In Lace

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Jessica of Tangled Up In Lace

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Jessica of Tangled Up In Lace

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Jessica of Tangled Up In Lace

Friday, September 10, 2010

Spreading the love: Jessica of Tangled Up In Lace


Hi sweethearts!

Today I am very happy to spread the love for the georgous Jessica of Tangled Up In Lace!
I love her style and blog!


Thanks so much for taking part Jessica! <3


Here we go:


Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs fatshion?

That's something I've always tried to put into certain words and I'll try again for you :) I think the beauty in fatshion over fashion is the lengths we have to go to clothe our fat bodies versus straight sized fashionistas. Its truly comprable to going into Mordor to find your style as a fat person and have it be anywhere close to unique in this day and age. We're low on options so it takes a truly creative mind to put together interesting outfits with what we're being given right now and that's beautiful!




What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?

 Pay attention to details, mix textures and treat your body like a masterpiece. I think about the politics of fashion a lot and I think you say so much more when you decorate your body then when you don't. How you define decoration is up to you and its breathtaking to see the diversity of looks out there!






I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.



Pic 1:This look is just silly fun for me :) I would dress in costume every day if my life allowed it. Unfortunately I work in a place that my lolita tendencies aren't always appreciated. Some days I can get away with a little fantasy in my everyday life.


Pic 2:This is an every day look for me. I stay mostly within 40s and 50s inspired looks because they're so decadent to me. The majority of my clothes are thrifted but modern because its so hard to find true vintage in my size. I love that vintage inspired pieces are becoming more mainstream, it makes shopping so much easier!


Pic 3:This look for me was an attempt at looking more modern. Also red is a huge power color for me....it completely lifts my mood and gives me immediate confidence. I think its important to find whatever does that for you in regards to your fashion and exploit it. I wear red in almost every outfit for that very reason



 How does blogging impact your life?
 
Blogging has been a really interesting experience so far. Its given me a great opportunity to meet people I wouldn't normally in my day to day life, but its also made me hyper aware of the things I say. I recently posted about something controversial and made some foes in the process, but its very cathartic to share my feelings and receive the impact of them in this way.


Do you have a message for all the fashionloving ladies out there, whatever their size?

Maybe its: Dare to live your fantasies. I believe in treating your body like a canvas and really letting your imagination take over in regards to how you decorate that canvas. I often get commentary on the street about looking like a cartoon character, babydoll, etc but I don't let that stop me from living out my flair for dramatics ;) At any size you should be wearing things that make you feel absolutely decadent!



To read my motivation for starting this series and to enjoy more features go to the Spreading the love-page.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At September 10, 2010 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Tanvi said...

She seems fun! :) Love the PIc 3! :)
And like her message in the end! :)

 
At September 11, 2010 at 2:33 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Thank you SO much for featuring me Doll!! I love what you're putting out here <3

 
At September 11, 2010 at 2:54 AM , Blogger disco said...

LOVE!!

 
At September 13, 2010 at 5:07 AM , Blogger Julia said...

She has great style, thanks for sharing!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 4:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love her look as well... Jess you know I think you're glamourous!!!

~Yoli~
divaindeepthought.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home