This Page

has been moved to new address

The joy of paying it forward / Doing hallelujah

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: The joy of paying it forward / Doing hallelujah

This Page

has been moved to new address

The joy of paying it forward / Doing hallelujah

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: The joy of paying it forward / Doing hallelujah

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The joy of paying it forward / Doing hallelujah


Hi Sweethearts!


Would you like me to make you an original By Anika?

I would love to show my love for you in this way, so when I read about Carlas paying it forward-challenge I jumped on it. It is like my mum says,  "we shouldn`t just say halleluja!, we should DO hallelujah!"

Here is how it works:
"Pay it forward 2011.... I promise to make something handmade for the first five people who comment.

They must in turn post this and make something for the first five who comment on their status.
The rules are it has to be handmade by you, and they must receive it before 2011 ends."

If you'd like to take part,be one of the first five to comment and please leave your email address so I can contact you directly. Also, be sure to repost this to your own blog if you do comment in order to keep the love going forward! I do feel that it would be lovely to sew something for more than five of you, so when I have completed the first five I might try to include the next five of you lovelies. (Ok, it is five mins after I posted this and I don`t have the heart to only do something for five of you if more of you would like to take part, so I am including ten. I do have twelve months to complete the challenge ;D ).

This business of making something for our readers might seem daunting, but this isn`t so much about what we make for each other, but about the spirit of generousity. I can`t promise you dresses, but I can promise that I will make what you get with each of you in mind and with loving hands. Haaaallelujah! <3 <3 <3


This is another of the dresses I reworked last weekend, I love tribal print, so when I found this top on H&M I knew it would be perfect for my coat-turned-dress. Rust and petrolium are a lovely mix, no?
The bolero I cut from an H&M-dress. The feathers are from Indiska, the earrings a gift. Watch, Ice. Leopard booties, Nilson. Ring, H&M. The bracelet is some fabric from a dress. Funny face thanks to failed attempt at whisteling lol.


This whole business of paying it forward is such a beautiful and moving thing to me. Isn`t that what we do every time we extend kindness and interest and support for others, out of the goodness of our hearts? It is a lovely thing, and if you look around you will see it everywere, in the small and the big moments of life.


 Tell me, how do you pay it forward in your own lives?


xxx Anika


Lovlies paying it forward:

6. Christina of Randomness, a la mode
7. Meg of http://www.on-a-hunt.blogspot.com/
8. Katrin of http://reizende-rundungen.blogspot.com/
9. Sarah of Return to Sender
10. Lindsey of http://lindseysoup.blogspot.com/

If you would like to pay it forward go to these lovely ladies and sign up, or start your own chain of love :)

Labels: , ,