This Page

has been moved to new address

Friend blogger Q&A: Personal confidence!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Friend blogger Q&A: Personal confidence!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Friend blogger Q&A: Personal confidence!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Friend blogger Q&A: Personal confidence!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Friend blogger Q&A: Personal confidence!


Every week the lovely Katy Rose of Modly Chic sends questions that some of us bloggers share our answers too. Want to join in the fun? Check out her blog!

On topic this week is personal confidence:

1 When you wear an outfit that you love, how does that change your mental state?
Oh, it can just brighten my day! I find that I express my self through my clothes a lot, and so what I shclep very much becomes an extension of me.
The dress on the pic above is a good example of a loved oufit
that helps me center my self and feel joyous and sexy :)
This dress from Monsoon was the first printed and colourful dress I dared to
wear, so it also represents another step in my growing acceptance and confidence
of my self as a curvy woman.

2. Do you find that the way you dress can help you feel more confident in certain situations?
I have spent a lot of time earlier in my life feeling like I don`t fit in, and trying to fit in.
I am done with that now. I check with my self every day that I feel good in what I`m wearing, and that confidence in knowing that I am me, dressing my way and loving it is what I bring to every situation. So, the answer to the question is that while an outfit can help me feel confident, it starts from within in every situation for me.
Also, I`m always overdressed, but not feelig silly because of it any more;)





3. Looking back, have you become more confident in rocking your personal style?
Ever since I was a kid I have had a distinct personal style, but my level of confidence certainly has grown a lot. I have mostly worn what I wanted to, but really suffered insecurities about it. This is something I have worked very hard on, and while I still have hang-ups I am much more confident and respectful towards  my self now. I take great pleasure in fashion, and have recenty decided to try to build my own fashion line,
 By Anika.

 That is a testiment to all my hard work on my confidence paying off I think. :)


Purple dress By Anika



4. How do comments, in person or on your blog, impact your feelings about a look, clothing choice etc?
Comments do impact me, of course, by I do try to stay a little detached from it, in the sense that I love getting feedback and really appreciate feedback from my readers, but I don`t want to depend on comments to feel good.  That being said, it`s always exiting to see if anyone has left comments on my posts, and I feel very happy when they have. My world just doesn`t crash if no one has. So, that`s the best of both words, no?
I`m practising accepting compliments, and not dismissing them like I did growing up, when my self esteem was very low. Now I find that I have days when I feel fab, and suddenly realize that I didn`t get a compliment that day! I love those confident days :)




5. To be more confident, every woman should..

...know and work her shape, whatever her size, and really try to find and highlight the lovely features we all have, both in terms of bodies and personalities. And don`t let anyone tell you you`re not worthy or beautiful, because you are!



Sending you all big love! Anika

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At June 12, 2010 at 3:16 PM , Blogger L said...

You are so gorgeous! I really love the purple dress you're wearing! And I agree, wearing an outfit I love, boosts my confidence and mood :D

<3

 
At June 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Kristel Knows said...

aw, that is such a cute baby picture of you, great post! <3

 
At June 12, 2010 at 5:03 PM , Blogger thefatandskinnyonfashion said...

Hey Anika. I saw your comment under my feature for Curves and Chaos. If you want to talk, email me at thefatandskinnyblog[at]gmail[dot]com

 
At June 12, 2010 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love every outfit you post and I love that you DIY things! You ahve such a unique style it's great! Just had to tell you I often drool of your clothes :)

Sarah @ Return to Sender
http://www.tabayag.com

 
At June 12, 2010 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@La Cara, thank you so much! *humble* :D <3

@Jennifer, tnx! Dresses and curles, back then and now :) That was me in Paris, une petite fille. I still love to dress up! :)

@Sarah, thanks so much for that, I really appreciate your feedback! Stuff like that, and the other lovely comments keep me going, daring to share! <3 Want me to make you something? I`ll try to donate to your worthy cause!! Hope u get to go! :)

 
At June 13, 2010 at 2:06 AM , Blogger Weesha said...

This is such a great post! I think most of us share the same opinions and feelings, I know I do :) and the baby picture is soooooooooooooo cute!!!!

 
At June 13, 2010 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@LuAnne, thanks for that! :) I`d love to see your babypics!

 
At June 15, 2010 at 9:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hei Anika! I love your blog! Wish I was so good in sewing as you are:)You look stunning!
Love,
Nina (from your class at Tårneveien)

 
At June 17, 2010 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Nina, thanks so much! Really! Hjertelig takk for tilbakemelding, så hyggelig at du leser bloggen min :) håper det er bra med deg!! klem

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home