This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Jaimielee of Hip Oh

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Jaimielee of Hip Oh

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Jaimielee of Hip Oh

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Jaimielee of Hip Oh

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Spreading the love: Jaimielee of Hip Oh


Hi Sweethearts!

I am really happy to spread the love for the lovely Jaimielee of Hip Oh!
This girl is so beautiful, and I love her cute style!


Thanks very much for taking part Jaimielee! <3

Here we go:


Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs fatshion?


I'd love to say something like fashion and fatshion should be one and everyone should live in perfect harmony, but sadly, that's just not the way it works. The divisive nature of people, especially in the fashion world isn't going to go away. So, in my eyes, fatshion is about taking a stand and expressing yourself regardless of your size.


What is your philosophy with regard to fashion

I generally dress very casually. I work from home so my day to day can be rather frumpy ;) When I do go out, I love to play with accessories and color. I like to make small statements but I'm working my way up to finding comfort in being as bold as possible.





I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.


Pic 1: I used to hide my legs at all costs; it could be a million degrees outside and I refused to wear shorts. All skirts and dresses needed tights. Now I'm embracing my legs and wearing shorts all the time. These tap shorts are so comfortable, I adore them.


Pic 2: Sewing is very new to me and I think it is the perfect way to truly express yourself because you're in control of your fabrics, your pattern, your fit! I'm so excited by the premise of clothes made for you, by you. This is actually the first top I've sewn and I love the chevron print (Beth Ditto's new collection features a red dress in the same print). It used to be a bed sheet!
Pic 3: I've recently fallen in love with the socks & loafers combination. This is definitely going to be a new staple for me well beyond when the trend is over. I love it that much.


How does blogging impact your life?

I actually just wrote about this briefly. I think it pushes me to a different level of productivity even if my readership is humblingly small :) I love to document my adventures in cooking, crafts, and my day to day life. As I find new blogs, I find new things to be passionate about and I've discovered how political my body can be. This is something I plan to start blogging about in the future.



Do you have a message for all the fashionloving ladies out there, whatever their size?


Do you! It can be hard to step outside of yourself and just be happy, but try it! It's so liberating to put something on that you know you love and want to wear without any fears of judgement. Love yourself everyday and let your clothes reflect that attitude :)




To read my motivation for starting the series and to enjoy more features go to the Spreading the love-page.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At September 18, 2010 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Weesha said...

I love that this introduces us to more fabulous bloggers, she has such lovely outfit. great post Anika!

 
At September 18, 2010 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Kristel Knows said...

yay another amazing and beautiful blogger with killer style, Love it! :D

 
At September 19, 2010 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Gabriele said...

Nice photos and interview :)

New post on www.cookiebyme.blogspot.com

G.

 
At September 19, 2010 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Leia said...

She has such a cute style! Great interview :)

Leia

 
At September 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM , Blogger carly said...

Another great feature Anika! Thanks so much for introducing me to so many stylish and interesting bloggers.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home