This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Natasha of The Chic Curve

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Natasha of The Chic Curve

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Natasha of The Chic Curve

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Natasha of The Chic Curve

Friday, January 7, 2011

Spreading the love: Natasha of The Chic Curve


Hi Sweethearts!


Last summer I started my Spreading the love-series where I feature lovely bloggers of all sizes. I started this series as a response to some of the drama going on in the blogosphere about what women are real and not. It was important to me to actively do something, to be clear on where I stand in my life, on and off line. I welcome all people in my life and in my blog. All I ask that we be respectful of each other.

I am a self worth activist, supportive of everyones right to define their own worth and use what ever labels on them selves they choose, be that fat, curvy or straight sized, homosexual, heterosexual or transgendered. It is not the label I am interested in, it is the person. I have chosen to ask everyone I feature the same questions, something that has caused some controversy, but that is ok. I welcome dialouge, that is what expands our horizons, love and understanding of each other. To read my manifesto on self worth and more about the Spreading the love go to these pages: "Who gets to label my self worth? I do!" and "Spreading the love."

I have had the pleasure of featuring so many wonderful bloggeristas in this series, and I thank you all for taking part in making a postitive stand with me. To enjoy all the features go to the Spreading the love-page.



Now, onto the business of spreading the love for the beautiful and talented Natasha of The Chic Curve! Natasha started blogging recently, so be sure to show her some love!


Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs fatshion?


I think that fashion is for everyBODY and I firmly stand by the fact that everyBODY can look amazing and have their own unique style. The funny thing is, no matter what your body looks like, we all have our insecurities and issues, whether you are a size 0 or size 24. But it doesn't matter...fashion is about identity, about confidence and about wearable art. It isn't about your size (even though the media tries to make it). EveryBODY has the right to be a fashionista!


What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?

I'm very picky. I know what I like and what I don't like...and I'm not afraid to say it. I have friends who ask me to write blog posts on certain things...but if I don't think a certain trend is something I like...I won't write about it. Fashion is different for everyone, the most important thing is to have a unique & consistent point of view.



I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.


My favorite looks? Oh gosh. How do you pick?! Well I like simplistic chic (solid colors, tailored cuts, simple make-up and hair, very put together), bohemian chic (bold prints, flowly and looser fits, big bold jewerly) and sparkling glam (sequins, metallics, rhinestones, bling-bling).


How does blogging impact your life?

I have received an overwhelming positive response to The Chic Curve and it is inspiring. It is amazing to know that there are so many others out there who are interested in fashion for everyBODY and don't just want to know what top fashion mags have to way. I value my readers & blogging community so much & appreciate every view, comment and email I get.


Do you have a message for all the fashionloving ladies out there, whatever their size?

Be confident in your style. Don't let the clothes wear you...wear them! And to all the haters...all of those people who want to bring down your confidence and beauty...never let them affect you. Like my mother used to say, if you let people's opinions affect the way you think about yourself, you are giving them power over you. EveryBODY is beautiful!
 
 
 
xxx Anika

Labels: ,