This Page

has been moved to new address

Bolero Bonanza! (How to)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Bolero Bonanza! (How to)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Bolero Bonanza! (How to)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Bolero Bonanza! (How to)

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bolero Bonanza! (How to)

Today I spent an absolutely splendid and happy afternoon with my fabulous sweetheart friend Ragnhild <3
Lying about on cushions, enjoying good food and each others company.. ah, good times! :D

Yesterday a reader named Tina asked if I could share how I make my scarf-come-boleros,
so Tina, this one is for you! :D


1. Pick a scarf!

2. Measure out how long you want the sleeves, and put a safety-pin near your armpit

3. Put a safety-pin close to your other armpit

4. Lay the scarf down and double it up so that the two safety-pins meet.
Cut the the scarf where you measured the first sleeve.

5. Sew from the end of the sleeves to the safety-pin on both sides

6. Frey the egdes on the sleeves or stich them properly if you prefer

7. And voila! Schlep it on and enjoy your handywork!
Of course I had to change my dress to show off the new bolero made from absolutely wild material :)
(The other dress is a reworked tunique from H&M)

This white dress is my own design, teamed up with a kitchy tiger (Pieces), studded bangle (H&M)
and peacock hair piece (Indiska)


This is my beautiful friend Ragnhild, a fashionista in her own right!

Thoughtful as ever, Ragnhild brought me the most fantastic flowers!
Loved them so much we had to enjoy them even in the garden :D


Happily giddy after our hilarious backyard bolero bonanza LOL
<3


xoxo Anika


Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At June 29, 2010 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial. I am definitely going to try this myself.

 
At June 29, 2010 at 10:41 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@ Tina, you are welcome! :D show me what you make! xx

 
At June 29, 2010 at 10:43 PM , Blogger carly said...

I like that idea!

 
At June 29, 2010 at 11:05 PM , Blogger S said...

Love it, my sister does something like this all the time and it's such a good idea! I also love the two dresses you are wearing.

 
At June 30, 2010 at 4:48 AM , Blogger Kristel Knows said...

great tutorial hun! as I can not say this enough, LOVE LOVE LOVE your creativity! :)

 
At July 1, 2010 at 12:23 AM , Anonymous Return to Sender said...

You are brilliant, as usual. Do you have Twitter? I would tweet with you alllll day! And that white dress is fabulous, I want to move to Oslo and spend my days learning to sew with you!

 
At July 1, 2010 at 1:38 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@Sarah, come on over, we`ll install you in the guestroom!!! :) shit, I don`t have twitter, but now I`ll def look into it :) would absolutely love to hang out with you. smooch!

 
At July 1, 2010 at 1:40 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@Jennifer, thank you sweetheart, it was a lot of fun to do, and nice to be able to share :)

@ S, thanks very much! Say hi to your sis :D

@ Carly, thanks!

 
At August 11, 2010 at 4:29 PM , Blogger the Citizen Rosebud said...

Making shrugs out of scarves is a brilliant idea. Simple and expressive, so everyone can make one, and noone's looks the same. LOVE it!

 
At August 11, 2010 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Bella, I humbly agree LOL :)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home