This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Nicole of Nikstar

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Nicole of Nikstar

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Nicole of Nikstar

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Nicole of Nikstar

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Spreading the love: Nicole of Nikstar



Today I am very happy to spread the love for the lovely and chic Nicole of Nikstar!
This girl is so beautiful, I love her style that she showcases on her fab blog:)

Thanks for taking part Nicole!
<3

Here we go:

Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs fatshion?



I don't know if there is a real difference between fashion and fatshion. I think by calling ourselves "fatshionistas" or "fatshion" bloggers, that we are limiting ourselves due to our size...and as we all know, fashion is limitless and knows no size. It's awesome as a reader to know that "fatshion" blogs exist simply because they want to know how and where to go to shop for the latest finds that will fit their curvy body.


What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?

I don't really have a philosophy. I always encourage my friends and readers to first be comfortable in the skin that they are in. Confidence is the key to great fashion. If you can wear a paper bag and make every one think it's the latest greatest trend because you believe it is, then more power to you! I say wear what makes you comfortable and what YOU think you look good in.






I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.


I'm really random when it comes to my own personal style. For years, I was an Old Navy poster child. Preppy chic is what I like to call it. Even now, I still like to wear a polo with the collar flipped up and a pair of khaki's. I am totally a femininista (sp?). I love dresses, the more girlie the better paired with a classic pump. Since I was a lil' girl, I've always loved high waisted dresses with full skirts, mostly cause I loved to twirl in them. Now, I like them because they look great on me. Hmm, and another one of my favorite looks, I suppose would be my laid back "nerdy" chic. Nerd mostly because I LOVE GLASSES! Glasses are my favorite accessory to change the look of an outfit...example, a graphic tee and jeans are just too simple, so to make it my own, I add a pair of funky glasses and maybe a hipster type hat and I'm good to go.


How does blogging impact your life?

It's weird, I feel a sense of closeness with the people I interact with through because of blogging. I love the girls I have met and talk to on a daily basis. Blogging has affected the way I view other women and their fashion choices. It gives me more of an, "ahh I get what she's going for" type of moment instead of "what was she thinking?" I have learned so much about the personal style of others and in return, I have found that I appreciate those differences in others more. They inspire me to step out of my style box, you know, think outside the bun. hehe :)





Do you have a message for all the fashion loving ladies out there, whatever their size?


You only get one body this life time!
Treat your body well so that you may live a long and prosperous life! The longer you live, the more shoes you can buy!
 
 
I want to live long and get even more shoes! LOL!
Thanks so much Nicole!
 
<3
 

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At July 24, 2010 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Weesha said...

Nik is such hotness, love her- she's so inspirational!

 
At July 25, 2010 at 12:40 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

LuAnne, I agree, she is just amazing!

 
At July 25, 2010 at 2:44 AM , Blogger Kenyetta said...

love her and her blog!

 
At July 25, 2010 at 5:54 AM , Blogger Goody said...

a fabulous girl with a heart of gold and fashion fierceness..

i am glad to know her and call her one of my peeps!

 
At July 25, 2010 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Kenyetta and Goody, she is simply wonderful. such a sweetheart :) <3

 
At July 25, 2010 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awe! :) Thanks you guys!!! *group hug*

 
At July 26, 2010 at 1:02 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Nicole: <3!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home