This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Amelia of Sound Bites

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Amelia of Sound Bites

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Amelia of Sound Bites

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Amelia of Sound Bites

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Spreading the love: Amelia of Sound Bites


Today I am very exited and happy to spread the love for the wonderful Amelia of Sound Bites!
She was featured at YFF, and rightfully so, her style is great and so is her blog!


Thanks for taking part Amelia!
<3

Here we go:

Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs fatshion?


I try not to separate the two and I don't think I am much of an expert on either. However, I believe that FATshion comes with its own connotation of a certain body politic that pushes us to reject the notion that fat girls should wear just a-line skirts and mu-mus.


What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?

Wear what you love. For the YFF Conference, I stopped trying to pack outfits, but threw in my suitcase every item of clothing that I absolutely loved to wear. Somehow, when you feel great in your clothes, that confidence exudes out into the world. I find it surprising how many people tell me in the street that they like my clothes, especially when I think they are very simple. You can wear a pretty dress, but if you're not smiling it, no one is going to see the dress! Also, take risks. Know what works well on your body, but don't be afraid to try something new.


I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.


1. Oversized beige
This is my favorite shirt! It goes against every notion of what is "sexy." It doesn't hug my curves, but by revealing a peak of my black bra strap it feels ultra-feminine. Worn with dark-denim jeggings and 5 inch Jeffrey Campbell's and topped off with red lipstick, I felt confident and powerful. Not too mention, it was easy to dance in. I live in my clothes, I can't be stuck in a corner tugging away at them and missing out on a good song!
2. Living in Leopard!
I am slowly coming out of my leopard phase, but I am sure it will be back once the colder months come back around here in the Northeast. I took a slouchy button up and tied it below my bosom for a dinner date in the city. I am a sucker for black patent leather heels, as well. Again, the red lips make an appearance and again, I think, steal the show. This black A-line dress is one of my favorite basics for day and night.

3. Sheer isn't for the skinny.
I took a sheer black mini dress, tucked it into a bodycon black skirt and let my bare skin do the rest. Some people might find it audacious to find a woman my size baring so much, but I don't think much of it. This doesn't feel bold or revolutionary. Not one to be light with the eyeliner, I painted the outside of my eyes black for a dramatic effect.



How does blogging impact your life?

Blogging began as a hobby and a way to document my journey through weight loss/self-acceptance/quarter life crisis. These days, I am finding that I am having a tiny impact on the way readers view their own bodies. It impacts my life in that it has shown me how much we are all connected by basic human emotion. We all want to be a better version of ourselves and it may be taking us a little longer than expected to get there, but we will. Blogging also takes up time, but I try to not to think about that too much, as I enjoy blogging. When it starts to feel too overwhelming, I quietly take a break and let myself naturally come back into it.




Do you have a message for all the fashion-loving ladies out there, whatever their size?

If a pair of jeans doesn't fit you well, don't take it personally. If you can't find your size in the store, blame the store, not yourself. I have seen way too many women turn a failure in the dressing room into a self-loathing moment. Not all clothes were meant to fit every body type. Remember, blame the clothes not your body.
 
And also, smile when you're walking down the street. It matches every outfit!
 
 
<3

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home