This Page

has been moved to new address

Celebrating love / Wedding daydreams

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Celebrating love / Wedding daydreams

This Page

has been moved to new address

Celebrating love / Wedding daydreams

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Celebrating love / Wedding daydreams

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Celebrating love / Wedding daydreams


Six years ago my Alex and I said I do to each other!
Today we have enjoyed a lovely day, celebrating our anniversary.

I went colour-crazy in my outfit today, not one of my faves now that I look at it, but nevermind,
I needed to be in bright colours on a day like today :D

The outfit is
purple dress, my design
cut off top, ring, hairband and scarf, H&M
Sandals, DNA

The day started with me having to pretend to be asleep while Alex was mysteriously busy :)
When I opened my eyes I found a path of roses and cut out hearts that made up a love letter and lead me to breakfast.
How sweet is that!



It reminded me of when Alex proposed to me, he had me walking through the little Croatian town we were vacationing collecting letters containing our lovestory that he had written out as a fairytale. I followed the letters from the hotelroom, through parks and streets to the port where he was waiting with a boat ready to take us to an island that we had all to our selves. Under the stars in the dark and warm summer night he went down on both knees (LOL) and asked for my hand. I said YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, kissed him, and promptly went about the business of finding the ring that he had hidden on a pizza he brought LOL!

Life isn`t easy, you know, but there are lovely moments like that one, that I keep in my heart.



While on this subeject I was thinking it might be nice to revisit the post I did on our wedding when I first started blogging:


From the post "The ultimate dress - wedding daydreams":

It occured to me today that I can`t do a styleblog without talking about the ultimate dress
- my wedding dress!

My sweetheart and I have been together for nine years this January, going on our sixt year as married, and lately I have been thinking about our wedding day. To start off this post I can`t resist sharing this hilarious pic of a happy couple roaring off to the rest of their lives in style:



Getting married is a big deal -and problably the most deeply romantic thing I have ever done. Promising to share my life with my man felt joyous, sacred and peaceful, allthough there was nothing peaceful about the day itself :). We celebrated our love big time, with tons of family and friends partying bosnian-norwegian-style! (driving through the streets hooooonking the horns -check, LOTS of food -check, gipsy music -check, dancing on the tables - .. ok, maybe not on the tables, they were hired and made of plastic (hehe), but there WAS plenty of rocking and shaking our stuff!! ..and finally, truckloads of fun -check.)



I designed my wedding dress myself and my kind mum had a seamstress sew it for me. I found the silky pink dress material and the lace for my veil in one of my fave fabricshops at Grønland, Oslo. I sometimes take the dress out when I want to remember -or put on my veil when doing the dishes (what?! I hate housework, daydreaming of being Rapunzel helps!)


I`ll never get the stains from people stepping on my train out, and yes, I have considered cutting it off and turning the wedding dress into a party dress, but I shant. Unless I hit a dry creative spell. A really dry one. Or just really want a pink partydress. (I suggested that I wear it as it is to my sisters wedding if she decides to say I do some day, but surprisingly, that turned out to be a no-go. Partydress it is!)

                      Detail of the buttoned back, with a glimpse of the veil



                     Detail of the trumpet sleeves, with buttons and lace lining


                      My bouquet was made from dozens of pink and white roses



So, five years of married life on, what wisdom can I share with you?

 Develop your sense of humour!

 Enjoy the everyday pleasures of living together

 Forgive eachother when you make it absolutely impossible to enjoy the everyday pleasures of

living together

 Don`t live by other peoples advice (time for me to shut it :) )

Get married to each other all over again! (Honey, are you reading this? LOL )

 Always stay in touch with your self and your dreams, no matter who you are with or where you are in your life.




Much as I love my wedding dress, if and when we decide to remarry I`ll go for something more sassy, complementing my belief that at 31 I still got it going on (I get better with age I tell you, that`s my story and I am sticking to it LOL). For what it`s worth, I actually do believe that.

Here`s what I`d wear saying I DO today. And every day.



                                                                   Love you ljubavi moj.


xxx Anika

Labels:

7 Comments:

At July 18, 2010 at 12:20 AM , Blogger stina honey said...

happy anniversary!

 
At July 18, 2010 at 12:33 AM , Anonymous kittehinfurs said...

Aww, happy anniversary! :)

 
At July 18, 2010 at 2:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waaahhhh... so envious! How sweet!! Such a happy post!

 
At July 18, 2010 at 2:53 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary!!

You story was so romantic and cute! (and I'm usually not sappy about such things!)

 
At July 18, 2010 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Kristel Knows said...

happy anniversary!!!! <3 great post, thanks for sharing. makes me think of how I want my marriage to me and when I want to get married. :) hihi.

 
At July 18, 2010 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Happy Anniversary! I loved this so much that I had to share it on fb...gosh you guys know I have a soft spot for this kind of thing. ;) <3!!

 
At July 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@everyone, thank you all so very much! you are such sweethearts! <3 sending you all big love xxx

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home