This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Em of Oh, the Places You`ll Go

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Em of Oh, the Places You`ll Go

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Em of Oh, the Places You`ll Go

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Em of Oh, the Places You`ll Go

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Spreading the love: Em of Oh, the Places You`ll Go


Today it is my great pleasure to spread the love for the lovely Em of Oh, the Places You`ll Go!
She has great style and a great way of voicing her opinions on fatshion etc,
and she is very supportive of
fellow bloggers. A fierce sweetheart! :)


Thanks for participating Em!
xx


Here we go:

Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs fatshion?

I think fatshion can feel more inclusive, where fashion, very often, can feel a little exclusive. That being said though - I use these words - fashion and fatshion interchangeably, as I believe that whether you identify as curvy, plussize or fat - fashion is fashion - on any size.


What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?


Simple! I have great curves and know how to wear them... Take your time, find your style, embrace your curves.





I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.

My fashion uniform comprises a denim skirt, black tights, singlet top and a bolero - I have many different items that can make this a very defined, but also different look (through fabric, colour or accessories!). I almost only ever wear dresses (when not in the denim skirt uniform!) and prefer them to be structured so that I have strong curve definition. The best cut for my body involves high empire lines, lowish cut necks, and form loving skirts - I LOVE this look. My personal looks can be very contrasting - I have fashion roots in grunge and goth, but now I like more classic femininity in my style - my favourite thing to do is blend all those fashion aspects of myself together.

On other people, my favourite looks are often on those who look kind of daring, but also - comfortable in their skin. I am a sucker for boho chic. Since coming to Europe from Australia, I have become fascinated by people and their ability to layer, wear wool and rock winter in a way we just don't NEED to do in Australia.


How does blogging impact your life?


I find it one of the most positive, inclusive, empowering and inspiring things I have ever done. I love that there is a community of both bloggers and readers and that we are all in this together.

Another thing I love is the relationships I have formed with retailers. That may seem a strange thing to write, but I LOVE that I can feel like things I might say or write are listened to and responded to... fashion can seem so exclusive sometimes when you are plus-size - but things like blogging have helped teach me how INCLUSIVE fashion can be too.

Also importantly- I have made some amazing, close friends, people I email, skype with and trust - that is amazing.





Do you have a message for all the fashion-loving ladies out there, whatever their size?

See my answer to question 2 and add that I really feel you need to LOVE yourself and the way you are - Accept yourself and allow yourself to feel good - and then
ROCK YOUR CURVES.


I`m a rocking! :D Thanks very much Em!

xx

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home