This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Gerry of Big Beautyful Mess

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Gerry of Big Beautyful Mess

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Gerry of Big Beautyful Mess

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Gerry of Big Beautyful Mess

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Spreading the love: Gerry of Big Beautyful Mess


I know I already posted in the Spreading the Love-series today,
but I simply can`t contain my self, I just have to post again! LOL!

I am super happy and proud to bring you the fab Gerry of Big Beautyful Mess!
This girl is so stylish! Love her blog, and also love that she is so sweet :)
<3


Here we go:
Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs fatshion?

Fashion is art and a chance for a girl to have fun! fatshion is more specific ... same as fashion, but for fat girls ... like muah. ;-) i just dont like the fact that it sometimes divides straight sizes and plus sizes ... i think no matter what size your are, any BODY can be fashionable.


What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?



First of all, im am NO expert but i do know this -- designer or not, thin or fat - WORK-IT-OUT GIRL! stay humble but be confident is what my mama taught me and from experience ... she's so right! ;-)
Also, most of my outfits that i post are office wear so allow me to share my philosophy about work wear - ditch the black suit and embrace fun and flirt with your office clothes! if ure gonna be stuck all day inside white walls - might as well look fun and cute ... no?



I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.

To tell you honestly ... i really don't have a lot of fave looks that ive posted in my blog. my style evolves and ive realized that my style really depends on my mood and the season. but as of right now, i like the attached outfits ... lol.
1st pic - the first outfit is from my fave, go-to designer, B&Lu. this is a perfect example of my matchy-matchy tendencies that i try to stay away from. but i really like the outcome of this particular outfit and i love the rich color of the tights.

2nd pic - this outfit is from my april LUCKY mag challenge. i loved how this outfit incorporated so well with each other. i remember i went to downtown san diego with this outfit on. i had on this cool, downtown chic look and i felt right at home.

3rd - i enjoy playing with colors and i think this outfit is a perfect example of that. i love the kelly green and teal mixed with a white and black print. different - and i love different.


How does blogging impact your life?



Blogging has impacted my life in so many positive ways! the blogging community is so AWESOME. i am so appreciative of the lovely girls (and gents) that actually read my blog and take time to comment ... they really push me to keep blogging. and now, instead of reaching out to fashion mags, i just browse through everyone's inspiring fashion blogs. for example - Anika ... seriously. you have an AMAZING style. so different and sooo romantic. i get inspired every time!


Do you have a message for all the fashionloving ladies out there, whatever their size?


Work with what you've got. and dont forget to have fun !!!
and email me ure outfit pics too so i can get inspired ... lol. ;-)


How funny and fab is she!
I actually blushed when I read what she wrote about me :D

<3


Would you like to be featured, or know someone that you think I should feature?
I`d love to hear from you!

xxx Anika

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 16, 2010 at 5:21 PM , Blogger L said...

OMG I love Gerry!! She is so fabulous! I read her blog everyday, I wish she could be my stylist lmao! Great post xD

<3

 
At July 16, 2010 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@LaCara, I know! Me too :) you are such a sweet<3

 
At July 21, 2010 at 10:01 PM , Blogger BBM said...

yo! thanks so much for this feature hun! ure the sweetest and im honored that u picked me! i REALLY appreciate it. and girlll ... u do have bomb style ... wooork it.

thanks lacara! ure the best!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home