This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Alissa of Stylish Curves

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Alissa of Stylish Curves

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Alissa of Stylish Curves

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Alissa of Stylish Curves

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Spreading the love: Alissa of Stylish Curves


I am very proud to bring you the ever so stylish Alissa of Stylish Curves in this series that is all about
showing the love!
Alissa runs a great blog and has become such an inspiration to me with her fabulous style!
Stripes, pops of bold colours, great prints, yes, yes, YES! LOL


Thanks so much for taking part Alissa :)
<3

Here we go:

Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs fatshion?

Forgive me if I sound cheesy, but, In my opinion Fashion is a vision and an interpretation of what is beautiful or what is interesting when it comes to clothes.
It knows no particular size, shape, or color, it's forever changing.
Fatshion is all the things I said above, but, its, fat girls interpretation and vision of what we think is
beautiful or interesting.

What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?


Be confident in your personal style no matter the nay sayers. I embrace every inch of my body, cellulite and all. There is no perfect body in this world so why beat myself up about how imperfect I think my body is. I believe whenever possible, try on everything in the store, you never know what might fit. Screw the number on the tag.



I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.

My favorite looks are anything that is chic, sophisticated, and a little odd. I love trench coats, blazers, pencil skirts, and amazing trousers. Some of my friends tell me, I look like I am going to work all the time and I tell them that means, I look like I mean business, lol. My favorite designers are Michael Kors, Donna Karan, and the great Yves Saint Laurent because their clothes embodies the look of a smart, strong, sexy woman. I am a big fan of dresses and skinny jeans. I love looks that are lady like yet fun.


How does blogging impact your life?


Oh my goodness, blogging has changed my life so much. All I can do is think about the next post I am going to share with readers. For me, it is my passion to impact the lives of young curvy girls by showing them how to be confident within their skin and to embrace their curves in the most stylish way possible. I take my camera everywhere I go just to snap stylish girls on the street and whenever I ask to take their picture, they get so excited and it always seems to lead into a body acceptance conversation. Blogging has also impacted my wallet. I am always buying things and trying out new things which leaves my pockets a linty. Blogging has also impacted my life by opening up the lines of communication with plus designers and brands. For instance, I got to go to the Lane Bryant Blogger conference and get a an exclusive look at how they create clothes for us and I even had the opportunity to talk with the president and marketing execs to share the frustrations that curvy girls have when it comes to fashion. An opportunity like that can change things in a major way, and I was afforded this opportunity because I am a blogger. Most importantly, reading the emails I get about girls saying they tried something because of me or they feel better about themselves because of something gives me the drive to continue blogging when I get discouraged.



Do you have a message for all the fashionloving ladies out there, whatever their size?


You are beautiful in every single way. Don't allow other people to take your confidence away from you whether that be the confidence you have in your body or your skill or talent. If there is anyone in you life who treats you less than the queen that you are, then get rid of them. Every morning you should look in the mirror and say to yourself that you are gorgeous and then you should dress your body accordingly.




                                                             Great words to live by!
                                                   Thank you so much for sharing, Alissa!
                                                                        <3

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At July 13, 2010 at 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for featuring Alissa, I hadn't seen her blog before and now I'm going to check it (and her) out! I absolutely love that last picture of the colourful stripey dress - you look fantastic Alissa!!

 
At July 13, 2010 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@Little miss plump, oh good! I`m glad! :D

 
At July 13, 2010 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Alissa Savonne said...

Thanks Anika for featuring me. I am so honored.

@little Miss Plump. Thanks for the compliment and for checking out my blog.

 
At July 13, 2010 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@Alissa, my pleasure! xxx

 
At July 14, 2010 at 12:00 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Alissa, you look fab, darling! You are seriously killing it in those white leopard pants too. Hot!!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home