This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Sarah of Return to Sender

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Sarah of Return to Sender

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Sarah of Return to Sender

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Sarah of Return to Sender

Friday, July 9, 2010

Spreading the love: Sarah of Return to Sender


I am so proud to shine the light on one of my must reads, and my latest friend in my feature
"Spreading the love"

Sarah so impresses me' not only with her great style in fashion, but with her brave take on self acceptance and fierce support for other bloggers .

I started this feature for the same reason, leaving the drama behind and connecting with and
supporting each other is one of the best aspects of the blogger-sphere, don`t you think?


Thank you Sarah!
<3


Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs. fatshion?


I like the word Fatshion. I just see it as a niche. Like there are blogs about dressing modestly, haute couture, I've even seen blogs about fashion for very petite girls... it's just another fashion category that describes something. It's just fashion for fat girls. I also like it because it it empowering. The word fat used to be so off limits (and still is to some) that linking fat to fashion is really just putting the word out there. I just see fat as a description. So it's fashion for fat people.


What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?


Wear whatever the fuck you want. Fuck rules, dos and don'ts, trends, and what other people think you "should wear." I really developed my own style and got into fashion when I stopped caring about what others would think. And then I started experimenting because it was no longer "Oh I can't wear that" or "What will people think if I wear THAT?"
 


I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.


Skinny jeans, boots, and a long baggy top with a wide belt, any sort of secretary dress from the 1950s and 60s, pencil dresses and skirts.




How does blogging impact your life?


I think it has radically changed my life. I'm writing everyday which is sometimes I've always wanted to do, I'm connecting with fabulous people, and I feel really good about myself for once. And I also feel like I'm learning everyday - which is invaluable to me.
 
 



Do you have a message for all the fashionloving ladies out there, whatever their size?


Use fashion as a way to express to the the world who you are on the inside.




Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At July 9, 2010 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Ola Dipo said...

i also love love love sarah. her taste is on point! she inspires me with her gorgeous self. lol. just got ur comment, i would loove to do it. my email address is dngytai@yahoo.com. kisses!

 
At July 9, 2010 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Moya2bean said...

im hooked on her already! Great post!

 
At July 9, 2010 at 11:43 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@Bibi, glad you also know and love her blog! Already emailed you actually, but will do it again just to make sure :)

@Moya2bean, thank you very much! xx

 
At July 12, 2010 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe you were able to make a beautiful dress out of a skirt!

 
At July 13, 2010 at 12:11 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@:D! xxx

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home