This Page

has been moved to new address

Bohemian Citrus

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Bohemian Citrus

This Page

has been moved to new address

Bohemian Citrus

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Bohemian Citrus

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bohemian Citrus


Can you tell my sweet Alex has assumed a surprise-click-approach to taking my pics? LOL :D

Anyways, I got this dress on sale at Noa Noa,
(money saved/barely spent/burning in my pocket, ladies! you follow? LOL),
and really liked the pop of citrus in the print, but I sort of felt that that it was a touch to
cute for me, something about the sleeves and the hemline didn`t quite work for me.
I wanted it flowy....bohemian! :D

So, you know me, it`s not a problem, only a solution I yet haven`t found LOL, so off to work on it I went.

First I added black trimmings (material from a dress) to the sleeves:


Still wasn`t happy though, and I pondered long and hard on what to do with the flippin ruching at the bottom :)
add sequins? to much work, couldn`t be bothered.
Finally, I noticed a pillow in my sofa that I made years ago from a great Masai-scarf (this reworking madness has been going on for a while you see), and ding ding ding!


All though this was a gift from mum, I swallowed hard, sent her a warm thought and started chopping.

For that slightly whimsical effect I added the fringe (that I originally added to the scarf using silver and white sewing thread) to the neckline (I find that fringes caught up in wind is exellent for minimizing my tum tum LOL), and simply changed the bottom of the dress.

Tell me darling readers, should I change the sleeves more, or step away from the vehicle?


I worked the dress with a taupe ring that Alex gave me for our wedding anniversary two years ago,
taupe fringed bag from H&M, earrings from Vera Moda, keychain used as neckless,
bangle, wegdes and understated glasses bought in Croatia.


Blowing you kisses!
I love my readers!!

<3

xx Anika

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

At July 6, 2010 at 11:26 PM , Blogger Weesha said...

love the bag & the dress hottie <3<3

 
At July 7, 2010 at 12:30 AM , Blogger stina honey said...

great job! I think the sleeves are fine.

 
At July 7, 2010 at 4:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are so very bohemian!! Love it!

 
At July 7, 2010 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Kristel Knows said...

Love this look! <3 you're so good with details hun.

 
At July 7, 2010 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Gaëlle PRUDENCIO said...

Hey darling! Thank you for your comments on my blog! You look lovely in your outfits! I am kind of jealous!

 
At July 7, 2010 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@all you fab ladies, thank you all so very much! not touching the sleeves LOL <3

 
At July 7, 2010 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

Thank you for the comments and the follow on my blog! You are so creative! You have a new follower now, as well. : )

Loving The Reflection

 
At July 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so creative!! I have a question: do you have any book recommendations for books on how to refashion clothes? Or could you do more of those 'how to' posts?

Thank you!

littlemissplump

 
At July 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so handy with everything! I wish I was as good with making stuff

 
At July 7, 2010 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Ponpon Poudré said...

Really like the outfit, bohemian is just so feminine, thanks for sharing :)

 
At July 7, 2010 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@Courtney, thanks for following! :D

@Little Miss Plump, I would be happy to do more "how to"-post, just ask and I will deliver! :D xx

@Chloe, thanks hon! I screw lots of my projects, so I would just say, experiment and have fun!

@Carrie, thanks for that! I agree, it is a very feminine style :)

 
At July 7, 2010 at 8:44 PM , Blogger BBM said...

ure style is impeccable! love that tunic ... i want it ASAP! ;-)

 
At July 8, 2010 at 3:30 AM , Blogger carly said...

That tunic looks great on you. very summery :)

 
At July 9, 2010 at 12:17 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@BBM, thank you so much! wow! :D Honey, I`d love to get you one!!!! :D

@Carly, thanks, the dress is def a staple in my summer wardrobe! :)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home