This Page

has been moved to new address

My new dress from a skirt and shoe laces

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: My new dress from a skirt and shoe laces

This Page

has been moved to new address

My new dress from a skirt and shoe laces

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: My new dress from a skirt and shoe laces

Sunday, July 11, 2010

My new dress from a skirt and shoe laces


Hi guys, how are you?

Remember my rosy fabric (used to be a skirt) that I found in my mums basement and wore
as a scarf the other day?
Yesterday I sewed a dress from it and added shoe laces (that I made for a pair of
sandals a while back) as a waistband.

What do you think?


The dress in its former life

The laces in their former life (studs from a dress, laces made from a belt)


I love this contrast of the romantic fabric and the studs with the black :)

I worked the dress with mixed bangles, headband, leopard scarf and white ring from H&M


Sending you all big hugs!
Thanks so much for following!


xxx Anika
<3

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At July 11, 2010 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Weesha said...

I love how creative you are!

 
At July 11, 2010 at 11:41 PM , Blogger carly said...

Great idea. I love the print on that dress.

 
At July 12, 2010 at 12:20 AM , Blogger Alissa said...

I am so inlove with yuour creativity. You rock!

 
At July 12, 2010 at 12:53 AM , Blogger L said...

Wow you are amazing! Would you make me a dress ;D
I love it!

<3

 
At July 12, 2010 at 12:54 AM , Anonymous kittehinfurs said...

you never cease to amaze me with the way you turn things into other things!

 
At July 12, 2010 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Kristel Knows said...

I can not say this enough, your creativity with fashion blows me away, you're amazing! :) <3

 
At July 12, 2010 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Thank you all so much! you wonderful, beautiful, stylish and amazing ladies are all inspirations to me in your own special ways. sending you all big love! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

@LaCara, of course I will! Let`s talk details! :D

 
At July 12, 2010 at 8:21 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Amazing how you turned that dress around... it looks great!

 
At July 13, 2010 at 12:08 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@Sarah, thank you so much! putting you on my blogroll :D

 
At July 13, 2010 at 12:23 AM , Anonymous Return to Sender said...

I get SO JEALOUS of your sewing skills on a regular basis. My clothes would be SO MUCH cooler if I could sew!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this dress! <3 <3 <3

- S

 
At July 13, 2010 at 12:25 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

well Sarah, I`m just gonna have to become your seamstress! LOL but really though, I`d love to make you something honey!! xxx <3

 
At July 13, 2010 at 3:41 AM , Blogger Deb Darling said...

I just love love love this - you are truly talented and very creative!!! I love the soft romantic edge you bring to your designs. I thought the recycling of your shoe "laces" was clever. I also really adore that purple/teal flowered dress (I think it's 3rd or 4 in line at the top of your blog). When I see you in a new outfit I have to admit I smile and feel good for a few hours afterward!!!

 
At July 13, 2010 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@Deb, darling, thank you very much for that! that purple dress is monsoon, got it a couple of years back and had a colour breaktrough :) if I can put a smile on your face then wow, that`s so sweet of you to share. Here`s to many more dresses and smiles!!! xxx

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home