This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Lilli of Frocks & Frou Frou

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Lilli of Frocks & Frou Frou

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Lilli of Frocks & Frou Frou

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Lilli of Frocks & Frou Frou

Monday, July 19, 2010

Spreading the love: Lilli of Frocks & Frou Frou


Hi my sweet readers! Are you enjoying all the love going around on my blog? ;)

Today is with great pleasure I get to spread the love for the sweet and stylish Lilli of Frocks & Frou Frou!
I love her blog where she showcases her uniqe style!


Thanks so much for taking part, Lilli!
<3

Here we go:

Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs Fatshion


If I'm being completely honest I'd like to see the divide eliminated entirely. I don't like thinking that there's designers out there dictating whether or not a certain demographic of customers are "allowed" to wear their clothes or not. I think Dorothy Perkins has the right idea - having everything available up to a size 22 allows women of all shapes and sizes the opportunity to create their own style identity.



What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?



I wear what makes me happy, regardless of whether it's trendy or flattering. I think with fashion there's a lot of "rules" out there, and inevitably for plus-sized women the attitude is that we need to hide ourselves and diminish our presence by wearing bug black shapeless things. I love colour and I love dresses with full skirts and narrow waists and I'm proud of how I look, so I like to celebrate that.


I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.


1. Queen of Hearts Skirt - I love this because it's a bit ridiculous and flamboyant, and because I made it myself. I was inspired by a skirt I saw in a store that was - typically - too small for me, but I actually love mine more, because of the read heart pockets.

2. Plaid Skirt - I've included this look because it look me a long time to love my legs, and this outfit has them on display... it made me realise that they're nothing to be ashamed of. Also, my other half really likes this outfit!

3. Jeans - you wouldn't think it to read my blog, but I actually love jeans! Especially teamed with a nice cardigan, or a statement top.


How does blogging impact your life?

It's really surprised me how important blogging has become to me - I never expected that Frocks and Frou Frou would have come this far, but it's been really exciting to be part of such a big movement (the plus-size fashion blogging movement!)


Do you have a message for all the fashionloving ladies out there, whatever their size?


Trust your instincts, treat your self well, indulge often and don't listen to fashion do's and don'ts.


<3

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At July 19, 2010 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love her! She's super cute!

 
At July 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Katrin said...

Ow she a a super cute style. And a lovely smile!!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home