This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love for Mia of MiA

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love for Mia of MiA

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love for Mia of MiA

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love for Mia of MiA

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Spreading the love for Mia of MiA


Today it is my pleasure to spread the love for my friend and fellow blogger Mia of MiA!
This blog is worth getting Google to translate, I love to read her satiric ramblings on soceity and politics!



Here we go:


Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs fatshion?


First I would have to say I can’t se any difference between the two, fashion isn’t supposed to be for one group of people, fashion is a word used to define what all of us human beings decide to wear, it shouldn’t matter what size, colour or sex you are. As far as I’m concerned, it all comes down to how you see your self, and how you express that self. ( When I don’t feel like making my hair look nice and shiny, I just tell people I’m having an Einstein moment, and they shouldn’t make comments, he was a genius! ) I can’t really see the point of having the fatshion- thing going, it’s fashion no matter what people want to call it, and I feel it’s kind of alienating, with separating one group of people from another because of the size. I do get the intensions, but I think it’s better to work for common acceptance of all kind of people in this beautiful world of differences ! Complexes and body issues is not something only plus size women and men struggle with. I have days when I’d rather lay in bed all day, because I can’t stand to look at myself in the mirror. It’s a shame though, I have a healthy body and shouldn’t think like that. But I do. And also, being a mom, I’m scared I might transfer my issues to my son. So it’s important to think about how other people see you, and let every day be a day of self pride and strength, even though you might not feel that way inside. Confidence looks good on every one, it’s the only one-size product I know that actually makes a hell of a accessory to all kinds of outfits !


What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?


I would say non- existing, because I don’t know what I’m doing half the time when it comes to getting dressed. But the serious me would probably say that it’s all about finding you, and show the fabulous you to the rest of the world through your clothes, hair, shoes and make up !




I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.


Pic 1: This is my only dress, haha. It’s a nice dress without being to dressed up. I usually mix it with laces or stripes, some times both.

Pic 2: This is typical for my style. Old jeans from 5 years ago, just cut off the legs, and it’s a nice shorts ! The tights make a nice contrast to the Kurt- Cobain- grunge- shorts, and the top gives a Navy- impression. Laidback & feminine .

Pic 3: This is my all time favourite jacket, I bought it in London, and I never looked back, it’s perfect ! With my RayBan way farer- sun glasses, the white converse and a skinny- fit jeans, I feel pretty much dressed up as the real me. Casual and smart with a touch of feminine. And the dwarf is actually my son Nias, who is way more into fashion at the age of 4 than I will ever be. He loves mixing and matching with hats, scarves and strong colours !



How does blogging impact your life?

I love blogging, it’s fantastic. When I don’t feel like having conversations, I just tell people to read my blog, and they’ll know what I’m up to ;) No, seriously, It’s awesome ! I love having a place to write about all the things I think about, showing photos of the things I do, and just have a place where I can write down my opinions. Reading other peoples blogs is amazing too, you get a whole new way of getting to know strangers. You can change peoples way of thinking and acting with your words, so I think it’s important that all of us contribute to make some kind of difference with our blogs, focusing on being positive, and accepting everyone for who they are, not who YOU think they should be.




Do you have a message for all the fashionloving ladies out there, whatever their size?


Just wear what ever you want to wear, don’t let any one tell you how to act, or how to look. The world is a beautiful place, and we should celebrate the fact that we are all different, not try to make all look the same.


<3



For more features go to the Spreading the love- page
 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home