This Page

has been moved to new address

My scarf/tee-dress is now a scarf and a different dress / Embracing imperfection

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: My scarf/tee-dress is now a scarf and a different dress / Embracing imperfection

This Page

has been moved to new address

My scarf/tee-dress is now a scarf and a different dress / Embracing imperfection

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: My scarf/tee-dress is now a scarf and a different dress / Embracing imperfection

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My scarf/tee-dress is now a scarf and a different dress / Embracing imperfection


Hi sweethearts!

Remember the dress above that I made from a scarf and a tee a couple of weeks ago?
Yesterday I decided to change it up, so I sewed a dress from that tee and a coat from H&M instead.

I took my own pics today, sorry for the poor quality, but I wanted to say hi anyways, and accepting inperfection is a great lesson in life no?

I find I am learning to accept my self more, I do it by pushing my self to go where I need to -but am afraid to venture, be it not holding in my tummy anymore, daring to dance when listening to street-performers,
accepting that I make mistakes or owning that I am voulnerable as hell.

I am me, I can`t be nobody else, and lately I don`t want to be either.

You`ve read it here before, but it`s worth repeating:

It`s not about having a connection with a perfect person,
it`s all about having a perfect connection with an imperfect person.

When I think about it, that also goes for our relationship with our selves, don`t you think?
Let`s be kind to our selves. 

<3



Sending each one of you big hugs!


xxx

Anika


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At August 3, 2010 at 10:56 PM , Blogger Wusel's... said...

Great! Well done! I like your creations!
:-))))
I MEAN IT!!!

 
At August 4, 2010 at 12:18 AM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Anika, I love this version even more!!! FAB!


♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com

 
At August 4, 2010 at 12:23 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

thanks very much to you both! I like this version better too LOL <3

 
At August 4, 2010 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Katrin said...

I love this one even more, I would defitnetly wear it :D

 
At August 4, 2010 at 11:00 AM , Blogger rhonabethginny said...

Thanks for the comment anika! xx You style is so funky! It is great to another girl living in skirts and dresses! Later when I have time I'm gonna have a good rummage through your blog :)

 
At August 4, 2010 at 11:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow wow wow!!

I _love_ this new version, I think I'll have to make something similar myself..!

I liked the original, but the new one shows off your great figure, keep up the good work!

xx T

 
At August 4, 2010 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Adrienne said...

HAWT! I love it!

Adrienne

 
At August 5, 2010 at 2:13 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

I love this look, very good job. :) I love your creativeness in all you do.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home