This Page

has been moved to new address

My take on sailor chic/ Screw the dont`s of fashion

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: My take on sailor chic/ Screw the dont`s of fashion

This Page

has been moved to new address

My take on sailor chic/ Screw the dont`s of fashion

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: My take on sailor chic/ Screw the dont`s of fashion

Saturday, July 31, 2010

My take on sailor chic/ Screw the dont`s of fashion


Hi sweethearts!

<3

I guess this is as close I`ll get to sailor chic this summer LOL

I finally decided I can wear horizontal stripes! :D I felt a bit shy about it before, but, honestly,
there are so many rules about what to wear and not, and I am so tired of all the dont`s (for plus size women).

I break the rules all the time I`m sure, I wear all kinds of crazy patterns, I wear darker tops and lighter bottoms, I wear sequins to work, and now I also wear horizontal stripes LOL

I say screw the dont`s, I`d much rather subsribe to all the do`s!

Do know your shape, and do wear a good bra.

Do have fun with fashion!
Do embrace your self, regardless!
Do break all those silly rules if you want to!
Do make sure to not take crap from anyone!

A-freakin-HOI!!!!!!!!!

<3


The outfit:
Stripey bolero, Cubus (almost untouched by me I swear, I only removed the golden buttons on it LOL)
Brown dress, my design (with stains from the pizza I enjoyed today ;D)
Neckless, Accessorize
Bag, Zara
Earrings, Vero Moda
Ring and scarf, H&M
Bangle, one of mums that she got in Paris when we lived there 30 years ago)
Sandals, DNA



Tell me, what are your thoughts on the do`s and dont`s of fashion?


xxx Anika

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At July 31, 2010 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Paint it Black said...

Stuff fashion rules I am always breaking them you look awesome great mix xoxo

 
At August 1, 2010 at 1:00 AM , Blogger Weesha said...

Cute outfit Anika, and I totally agree with you- screw fashion rules!

 
At August 1, 2010 at 1:11 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Thanks both of you! xx

 
At August 1, 2010 at 10:12 AM , Blogger elle s'ennuie said...

Love how you combined sailor and leopard here :)
And yes, screw the rules, wear what -you- like and what makes -you- feel good! Besides, that horizontal stripes rule? Scientifically proven wrong! ;D

 
At August 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

hahahha you`re so funny sweetheart! <3 thanks for commenting!

 
At August 1, 2010 at 1:11 PM , Blogger S said...

You look lovely in the stripes! There are lots of dont's that I now do, it makes dressing so much easier (sometimes)!

S x

 
At August 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Mode Plus said...

You make it rock!
Embracing the screw the rules-be yourself-do what u like fashion attitude.
Thanx 4 showing how :)

 
At August 1, 2010 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

thank you so much to you guys! <3 <3 <3 show me how you screw the rules! LOL

 
At August 3, 2010 at 1:23 AM , Anonymous Lydia said...

I like this look a lot - the stripes really suit you, and that blue is great with your hair color. Good on you for not letting boring people dictate the rules!! You look great. Thanks for stopping by Button Jar!
Lydia x

http://buttonjar.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home