This Page

has been moved to new address

It`s not about being perfect

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: It`s not about being perfect

This Page

has been moved to new address

It`s not about being perfect

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: It`s not about being perfect

Thursday, October 7, 2010

It`s not about being perfect


Hi Sweethearts!

I have been thinking of perfection today, or lack there of.

I have been asked if I dress up for the blog.
The answer is that I dress up for me!
What you see on my blog is the real me, in my real clothes, with my real funny hair, wrinkles,
generous ass and sometimes unshaven legs, let`s be honest LOL.

I find this blogging-venture exiting and sometimes daunting, wondering what others think of me,
am I interesting enough, original enough:
do you all like my blog, my outfits, me.
I could get carried away by that, trying to look perfect in each pic,
never showing you the same dress twice,
taking my photos in shoes that I can`t walk in in real life etc.
But I don`t do that. I don`t want to.

This blog isn`t about being perfect,
it is about being real; loving and accepting what and who we all are,
and having a lot of fun on the way. :D



You`ve seen this dress before, but I love todays mix with the brown :)

Dress, my design
Scarf, Lindex
Owl earrings, Gina Tricot
Bangle, H&M
Neckless, Accessorize
Ring, bought in Croatia
Booties, Nilson


As it is cold here now I am trying to freeze in style.
Finding good coats my size is really hard!
So, in the end I just got a black one with an empire cut that suits my shape,
sinched it in and juiced it up with,
you guessed, leopard and studs LOL.

So;
Coat, H&M with buttons and studs that I added
Fringed bag, Zara



Tell me, what are your thoughts on perfection?


xxx Anika

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At October 7, 2010 at 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! I think it's great that you are just being yourself!

 
At October 7, 2010 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Tanja said...

You are absolutely right! Beauty isn't about perfection, it's personality, selfesteem, about being yourself, no compromise, no assimilation to common taste. Because everyone of us is first of all an individual, and as such, we must learn to accept and respect each other.

I had similar thoughts, too, here's my blog post from august:

http://latigresseblonde.blogspot.com/2010/08/about-beauty.html

(difference is, I don't post pics of myself, mostly because I have nobody to take them)

Love ♥
Tanja

 
At October 7, 2010 at 9:15 PM , Blogger She Said, She Said said...

We agree with what you said on perfection, it's totally subjective! And it would be difficult to live your life on other people's expectations. Just keep on doing what you do and ignore the haters ;)

PS thanks for following back!

xx

 
At October 7, 2010 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Christina said...

I think there is no such thing as perfect, and thats how it should be! If everyone were perfect, then "perfect" would become the norm, thus becoming something boring and common.

It's nice to have little imperfections because as an individual, that is what helps you stand out from the crowd!

I love your style and your blog just how it is! I'll take 'imperfect' anyday! ;)

-Christina <3

 
At October 7, 2010 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Kiiu said...

Heyyy, I just wanted to say that I love your style! :)

 
At October 7, 2010 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I for one think imperfection is sexy :) love the scarf, you look fabulous as ever Anika!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 2:43 AM , Blogger Julia said...

Love how you've personalised that coat!
I agree, I write my blog for me as much as for others - It's a record I want to be able to look back on.

 
At October 8, 2010 at 4:58 AM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

Beautiful post, beautiful words and beautiful you! I love how you revved up the coat! It looks just gorgeous. And I love your stand on originality. I think being perfect means being perfectly happy with who you are!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm still looking for my own perfect, I don't know if I've found it just yet to be honest. Perfect for me is about growing as a person, about being truly yourself and confident about it.

Love what you've done with the coat, suits you perfectly now. :)

 
At October 8, 2010 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Leia said...

Darling, you already ARE perfect! You look gorgeous, and I especially love your scarf :)

Leia

 
At October 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

Hi Anika! You ROCK and I ADORE your blog. I came across it through Casee's tip on The Girl Who Stole The Eiffel Tower, now I have yet another reason to love her. I'm also a curvy girl and 2 of my best friends live in Norway (he's Mexican, she's Norwegian). So I already feel so close to you ;) Will be following you and your LOVELY STYLE for a long time to come...XX B.

 
At October 10, 2010 at 12:58 AM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

You are so pretty, inside and out, Anika. I LOVE this post, and the scarf...meow!

Perfection isn't only unattainable, it's boring. What is it anyway? I take the same approach on my blog: like you, I'm REAL. I'm not perfect and never will be. That's probably why we're blogging friends. I think the same heart beats within us both.

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home