This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Rikke of Sticky Sweet Danish

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Rikke of Sticky Sweet Danish

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Rikke of Sticky Sweet Danish

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Rikke of Sticky Sweet Danish

Monday, January 10, 2011

Spreading the love: Rikke of Sticky Sweet Danish


Hi Sweethearts!


Last summer I started my
Spreading the love-series where I feature lovely bloggers of all sizes. I started this series as a response to some of the drama going on in the blogosphere about what women are real and not. It was important to me to actively do something, to be clear on where I stand in my life, on and off line. I welcome all people in my life and in my blog. All I ask that we be respectful of each other.


I am a self worth activist, supportive of everyones right to define their own worth and use what ever labels on them selves they choose, be that fat, curvy or straight sized, homosexual, heterosexual or transgendered. It is not the label I am interested in, it is the person. I have chosen to ask everyone I feature the same questions, regardless of their amount of followers and size, something that has caused some controversy, but that is ok. I welcome dialouge, that is what expands our horizons, love and understanding of each other. To read my manifesto on self worth and more about the Spreading the love go to these pages: "Who gets to label my self worth? I do!" and "Spreading the love."

I have had the pleasure of featuring so many wonderful bloggeristas in this series, and I thank you all for taking part in making a postitive stand with me. To enjoy all the features go to the Spreading the love-page.


Today it is my pleasure to spread the love for the wonderful Rikke of Sticky Sweet Danish.
Be sure to surf on over and get to know this stylish Dane!


Could you share with us your thoughs on fashion vs fatshion?
I don't think that there should be a distinction between the two, to me fashion is universal. I understand why plus-sized women like to be in a category of their own though, because we have been surpressed for so long. Then again, fatshion can also be understood as kind of a negative label, if used by non plus-sized people. I'd rather be a fashionable girl, than "just" a fatshionable, if that meant that I only had great style for a fat girl. In the end, it's really all about a common love for clothes, shoes, bling and beauty though. And I think all women should unite in the quest to expand our wardrobes. LOL.



What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?
To me, fashion is all about dressing your body in a flattering and personal way. No matter what size you are, you figure out what you like, feel comfortable in and what YOU think suits your body. No one should label you or tell you what to wear, what you CAN wear and why. "Don't be a slave to fashion, make fashion work for you!"



I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.

My favourite looks are some of my most recent looks. After blogging for about 6 months and now working with women's wear, I really feel like I'm finding my own style. Which is quite diverse, I still love to experiment.


1st look: Tights and tunic.
I love tunics/long shirts paired with tights. I've really started to appreciate my long and "slim" legs. I've been complimented on them a lot recently, which has given me back my confidence to show them off some more. Once again, it's a very comfortable outfit to wear, something I always look for. The blueish tights and the pattern of the tunic are also a very strong trend this season, which just makes it that much more perfect. And my headband with the oversized bow is a longtime favourite.

2nd look: Rock chick.
I only just bought the cardigan and tee, but it was love at first sight. I instantly saw myself in it, paired with a mini skirt, wedges and red lips. It's an easy and comfortable outfit, with quite a bit of playfulness and humor to it. And I love old school Guns'n'Roses! This definitely defines who I am.

3rd look: Casual cool jeggings.
Do I really have to tell you how much I looove jeggings? Being apple-shaped, I have a hard time finding real jeans that fit right, so I own a lot of jeggings. These are still kind of new and have a twist to them, because of the slightly worn look. The blue cardigan adds colour and the sequin beret once again shows off my playful side. And guess what? It's super comfy!


How has blogging impacted your life?
Blogging means a great deal to me. This is how I came across other incredibly beautiful and stylish plus-sized and non plus-sized women all over the World. Following them and seeing how they put together outfits inspires me so much. My followers and visitors and their sweet and encouraging comments make me want to challenge myself even more. As said, I feel like I'm really finding a style of my own and also, I'm learning to appreciate, accept and love myself and my body. I still wish I'd do more posts, but I often forget to take pictures of my outfits and I'm busy with so many other things. But when I post, it comes from the heart. I'm still new to the scene and I'm still growing as a blogger, but I'll definitely keep it up!



Do you have a message for all the fashionloving ladies out there, whatever their size?

I sure do! Life is too short to hate or put yourself down, ladies. Accept yourself, see the beauty in all of our differences, find that something that makes you special and stand out - embrace the wonderful woman that YOU are. We are all unique and we're all worthy of loving ourselves. So put on your favourite outfit, your glossiest lipstick, your brightest smile and go out and conquer the World!


xxx Anika

Labels: ,