This Page

has been moved to new address

Homage a les hommes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Homage a les hommes

This Page

has been moved to new address

Homage a les hommes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Homage a les hommes

Friday, October 8, 2010

Homage a les hommes


Hi Sweethearts!

To my husbond, who is now coping with his new status as a blog-widower,
to my brother and father, who are about to become devoted followers of this blog (but don`t know it yet), and to my one brave male fan, all of whom are stylish in their own right, here`s a nod to you.



I find that masculinity is deeply mystical (or have I been seriously had?!? Anyone?), and quite fascinating.


This is what I found when I googled "stylish men":

(.....)



Aw, don`t look at me like that...
I was just demonstrating the gross underestimation of your sex that`s
floating around out there (protection gear, anyone????!!?)

You men really can dazzle me with your style,
be it ghettostyle, preppy, musical or suave-panamahat-style.

I love you all, and I feel that the world would be a better
place if you worked your individual flavour more often :)
(ok, maybe not a better place as such, that would be a tad superficial), but don`t underestimate that when charming us women (or men, what ever works for you) with your good looks,
witty charm and deep conversation; we do pay attention to your attire :)
(did I just underestimate both sexes this time? This post isn`t going too well.)

Let me try to remedy my blunders by simply stating that a well dressed man is hot,
and that male fashion is inspirational for me as well
(all though, I will say that my teenage-working the ties and fleamarket mensjackets-fase
may have fallen slightly under style-par LOL).
Fashion for women is of late quite masculine
(the waistcoat! the boyfriend jean! the sexy powersuit!)




I love http://www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com/,
seing stylish people like these are a great source of inspiration to me:








 

The fashionsite http://www.fashionquanda.com/ lists three categories when it comes to men and style:
1 Those who try to be fashionable
2 Those who try way too hard
3 And, those who don`t try at all

What do you think?

In any case I feel that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Well fellas, you are looking mighty good to this beholdress!! ;)
(Smooth save, no?)
(Peace -out.)


xxx Anika

 

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At October 9, 2010 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Cindy Van Dyck said...

Hayhay!
How are you? Your blog is great and I love your style! I'm glad that I've visited yours.

Please, check mine, & maybe we can follow eachother? + join my giveaway!

Thanks and love,
Cindy

 
At October 10, 2010 at 5:26 AM , Blogger Amor said...

My SWEET!

I FREAKING LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH!!! Back in the day I used to style one of the memebers of a boyband in Germany, and it was oftentimes so frustrating to come up with interesting concepts because well 1. They all had to be somewhat cohesive and 2. There wasn't that much innovation...but nowadays, men are experimenting with fashion too and it's inspiring. Not to mention all of the AMAZING men's fashion mags that have popped up in the last few years. So yes, KUDOS to the men who are willing to take style risks and keep us ladies on our toes, the inspire ME! LOVE IT!

Awesome work my darling! :) <3

 
At October 10, 2010 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Leia said...

More men should take fashion risks! ;)

Leia

 
At October 18, 2010 at 8:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get me one of them pink suits and I'll happily wear it!!

 
At October 19, 2010 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

OMG Thomas! <3 you don`t have to ask me twice!! you commented on my blog! :) LOL aaaaaaaaw I love you my sweet brother, pink suit or not :) xx

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home