This Page

has been moved to new address

Friday Q&A: Inspiration

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Friday Q&A: Inspiration

This Page

has been moved to new address

Friday Q&A: Inspiration

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Friday Q&A: Inspiration

Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Q&A: Inspiration

A while back my fellow fashion blogger Katy Rose of ModlyChic invited me to join in her weekly Q&A to fashion bloggers, and I am more than happy to take part! Here are last weeks Q&A on Inspiration:

1. What celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for Fashion inspiration?

I look to celebrities who dress with personality and flair for inspiration, I like the styles of Nicole Richie, Diane Kruger, Gwyneth Paltrow, Zoe Saldana and Sarah Jessica Parker aka Carrie to name a few.


Zoe Zaldana

                                                                        Nicole Richie

                                                                 

2. When it comes to your own personal style what inspires you?

Everything inspires me! Seing people in the streets, a detail of a garment, a photograph, a piece of fabric that I mentally envision as a dress I want to make. Also, interiour design often inspires my style of fashion, and actually my interiour designs and fashion designs reflect each other (even to the point where a cushion cover will become a vest or a purse will double up as a cushion cover haha)







3. How do you hope to inspire your readers with your posts?

By sharing my joy in fashion and my hard earned postive outlook on life I hope to convey to my readers a sense of playfulness, freedom of self expression and selfrespect in how we adress fashion and our selves. Understand your shape and dress it with confidence, if the clothes don`t fit, tailor them to complement you, if you like something, work it your own way regardless of trends, look for the fun and potential in fashion and celebrate who you are!

4. Outside the fashion and beauty realm who inspires you most?

I`m inspired by people who dare to live their lives fully, with intention and vulnerability, who pay it forward and dare to recieve. Everyday heroes like the kids I teach, my husbond, friends and family, and leaders like Martin L. King jr and Nelson Mandela. I`m not impressed by status, it`s who you are as a person that I`m interested in and inspired by.

5. In the realm of Idol... what song(s) inspire you?

A song that really touches me lately is "Connected" by Eric Bibb. The text is so beautiful:
../Got my own roots to water/ Got my own truth to live/ Got my own rivers to cross -in my own time/ Still, I`m connected to you and everyone, and everything/. Now that`s poetry!



Want to join in the Q&A`s or check out Katy Roses blog?
Go to http://modlychic.blogspot.com/

xxx

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home