This Page

has been moved to new address

Taupe treats

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Taupe treats

This Page

has been moved to new address

Taupe treats

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Taupe treats

Monday, February 8, 2010

Taupe treats



I adore strange barely-there colours, and one of my favourites is taupe, highly underestimated in my opinion. Can it be dull? Yes, I`ll admit it, but when mixed with more exiting materials it really can make for a lovely treat. Contrasting soft taupe with ....



..you guessed it; sequines makes me tingly with happiness (can`t explain it, just happens :) )


I went shopping today, here`s my catch: A yummy taupe jersey dress with sequined shoulders that bring on just the right amount of drama:


The dress fit (haha!), but the fun pretty much stopped there (...), so before I had defrosted from the chilly walk home (ain`t no mountain high enough.. ain`t no.. well, you get my drift) I was on my hands and feet cutting the dress into a glam bolero (now there`s a quick fix, literally!):


I love the contrast of the dark shoulders with the soft material.

Here`s my taupe glitz for tomorrow:


Taupe reworked bolero mixed with an incredibly wrinkled dress....(can see that I must start ironing! note to self; buy an iron) (have decided I`ll decide that it`s a look. I turned 31 yesterday, this decision may be linked to the perpetual discovery of more wrinkles on my face) (will stop the psycoanalasys now) (maybe get an iron afterall :)))) ) ... specked headband, neckless used as bangle and glass ring.


Detail of the sequined shoulder



Turqoise glass meets feathers, sequines and jersey




Here`s a great example of taupe that is anything but boring:

I love the ripped egdes on the skirt



Here are some more taupy delights that I`d be more than happy to take home:



Taupe fortress!





Sequined neckless (shouldn`t be to hard to make, no?)




It`s a Liza Minelly-moment! A very elegant one I might add :)




Dripping with luxury.... Yes, please!









As an afterthought I can`t resist showing you these pants, taupe or no taupe:

Go on, put MC Hammer to shame! (and send me the pics!) (or send me a pair, and I`ll send YOU the pics ;)))))) )




Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 10, 2010 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Ane said...

Nå har jeg endelig fått tittet litt rundt her, og du skriver veldig godt, Anika! Ü

 
At February 10, 2010 at 10:58 PM , Anonymous Anika said...

Tusen takk for tilbakemelding! :)

 
At May 5, 2010 at 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE those sequin harem pants. I'm about to post the blog award information. Thanks so much!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home