This Page

has been moved to new address

Destination purple

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Destination purple

This Page

has been moved to new address

Destination purple

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Destination purple

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Destination purple

For my birthday last year my husbond surprised me with a trip to Dublin with a sweet sweet friend :)

We had a smashing time -save the snowstorms over Europe causing our car to crash on our way out of Dublin airport - not a flying start you might say, all though the police officer whose comment was "GRAND!" might have had a different take on it. Mind you, he did get to meet two damzels in distress ;) On our return the same flipping snowstorm prevented our plane from landing in Oslo, and thus we found ourselves stranded at an airstrip hours away from where my bloody surpriseparty was in full swing !!!! - or so I was told over the phone. Happy 30th. Every now and then I would get a call from guests toasting my birthday.. leaving me laughing through tears. At that point I was exhausted from our eleven hour long trip, very touched by the the lovely surprise party, and finally amused at the hilariously shitty birthday it had turned out to be. Through it all it must be said that my friend was a true pilar of support and care. Got to love that girl! :)

We finally arrived at the party 15 minutes before midnight... just in time for a quick sucession of speeches, dancing and leftovers. For months after my friends would share stories about my birthdayparty, only to point out that I wouldn`t know, seing as I hadn`t actually been there (at this point they would be roaring with laughter)... I love a good story, and this is certainly one of the better ones :). For this years upcoming celebrations I can inform you that I fully intend to show up - I ain`t going nowhere this year, surprise or no surprise!

But back to lovely Dublin. I was a woman on a mission let me tell you, and my primary destination in Dublin was one of my all time fave stores: Monsoon!

A few hours after crashing our car, trying to get a new rental, finding out that we couldn`get a new one and driving our wrecked car to our hotel accompanied by funny stares from other drivers, we rushed into Monsoon where I picked up a purple dress with my name on it.
And so, the holiday could finally begin :)

Here`s my black meets purpulicious for tomorrow:


Purple silk dress from Monsoon, reworked into an empire line, sequined wool jacket turned cardi, bangle bought in Croatia, neckless from Indiska and belted boots from Økonomisko




Sequined detail of the cardi




Detail of the dress with neckless



Detail of the dress, bangle and belted boot




Want to take a trip to Monsoon for yourself? Enjoy the fashions at



http://www.monsoon.co.uk/

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home