This Page

has been moved to new address

Kimono Flambe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Kimono Flambe

This Page

has been moved to new address

Kimono Flambe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Kimono Flambe

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kimono Flambe


Did you know that the word "kimono" means "something to wear" in Japanese?
I love kimonos, the really good ones are pieces of art I feel, and also they`re perfect for slipping in (and out of) whether it be for day or night. Before I show you my take on something to wear, let me show you this beauty:

(the colours!)

Seing as how those sleeves might be slightly impractical, (except for involuntary dusting) (which come to think of it might be an undiscovered niche..."Get your dust-bustin`dress today, folks! "), here`s tomorrows subdued version of going Japanese (that has me jerking to a stop when ever my sleeves get stuck on handles/flowerpots and what not). I should also mention that it`s highly flammable (no, not because I`m on fire in it... or yes, actually if I get to close to burning candles that`s exactely what I would be. Note to self, when buying silky-looking-polyester accessorize with fire-extinguisher ;) )


Dark blue Kimono found in Canada this summer, mixed with reworked purple scarf from Zara , sequined tie from Noa Noa, white bangle and earrings and nude wegdes from Vagabond




Scarf, sequined tie and birds defying gravity




I`ll leave you for now with another Japanese beauty: The cherry blossom :)

Cherry blossom-heaven















Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home