This Page

has been moved to new address

A budding fashionista

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: A budding fashionista

This Page

has been moved to new address

A budding fashionista

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: A budding fashionista

Monday, October 11, 2010

A budding fashionista


Hi Sweethearts!

As so many of you now are following my blog,
(thanks to each and every one of you)
I thought it might be fun to repost a Q&A from a while back about yours truly :)

Pictured above is this budding fashionista in appropriate housework-dress,
I still hate doing the dishes -and still find that dressing up helps, albeit sans tutu :D


Here is this weeks Q&A from Katy Rose of ModlyChic:

When did you first start blogging?

I first started blogging this January, it is something I have been wanting to do for a while, and finally taking the plunge has been so much fun! I have to say I am so grateful for all the positive feedback I have received, thanks so much to you, my followers, SKORCH Magazine and fellow fashionistas! xxx

Going back in time, what were you like in high school?

Oh, in high school I was having a hard time, my classmates at the time probably saw an outgoing girl who was very voulnerable if they scratched the surface a little. My fashion sense has always been a big part of me, and at the time I was working mens jackets, ties and very long skirts. Probably part cover up, but also having fun with fashion!

What's the biggest change your high school classmates would notice about you now?

I think they would be surprized to see the joyous, secure and balanced fashionista and professional that I have fought so hard to become! However, I was a little taken aback when a former classmate commented on a pic of mine recently, saying that I hadn`t changed at all in 16 years since I last saw her!
Is that a good thing? D


Meeeemories!


Still working the bangs!
(I have given them up since first writing this post LOL)


When did you first become interested in the fashion/beauty industry?

My interest in fashion is so organic for me that I can`t pinpoint when it started. I grew up with my very fashionable and creative mum, and I think I got the love for fashion from her. As a child I showcased the same slightly nutty fashion sense and love for dresses that I enjoy today, and I was always creating my own designs, so the industry of fashion has always been something I`ve been interested in. I have been thinking about selling my own designs, and I have a feeling that setting up shop will be my next venture, taking my love for fashion to the next level.


Hello sunshine!


Now THAT`S layering!

 If you had the chance to give one message to high school girls today, what would you say?
 
I work as a councelor at a high scool, and so I have -and take- the chance to give a strong and positive message to teen girls every day. My message to them is -really know your self, belive in your self and don`t give up on your self, you have so much to live and give and enjoy!
And, - there IS a life after high school, thank god! :D
 
Well, my fashionforward friends, what do you think about your high school years? Fashionable or not worth revisiting? I`ve tried to learn my lessons from that time well, and now I am loving moving on!
 
xxx Anika

Labels:

11 Comments:

At May 1, 2010 at 3:56 AM , Blogger KT said...

Love that you put the flash-back pictures in your post! I couldn't find any for my post. Thanks for participating.

 
At May 1, 2010 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Em said...

I loved the pics and the text of this post. Great Q & A hon! x.

 
At May 1, 2010 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

@Katy, thanks for having me be part of the Q&A! Was a lot of fun digging out old pics :)

@Em, thanks so much for that! Would love to see your old pics as well :) have a lovely day in my fave city sweetie! I`m surfing over to your blog now.

xx

 
At May 1, 2010 at 12:19 PM , Blogger MiA said...

Awesome blogg som alltid, og my god så søt du var når du er liten ! =D xx

 
At May 1, 2010 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Ane said...

Må si meg enig at du var veldig nudelig som liten, ja. :)
As for high school fashion: I wore Adidas Campus shoes, long velvet skirts and hippie-looking blouses, or the same Adidas shoes teamed with corduroy pants (that I spiced up with old, bold curtain fabrics to make a flare that was large enough for my taste) and my father's discarded chequered shirts. And always, always long necklaces and witchy earrings. Have I changed? Oh, perhaps ever so slightly... ;)

 
At May 2, 2010 at 1:00 PM , Blogger cheeky rose said...

Thank you for stopping by. Lovely photos and you stil look sweet. Etsy is slow but I feel it is worth hanging in there. I make for customers locally and I have a good response, so hopefully I will get started on Etsy

 
At October 11, 2010 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Hannah | The Outfit Repeater said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! It's always fun to get to know bloggers a bit better.

High school wasn't that long ago for me (try, just last year!). Each year in high school had something different for me. Thinking back on what I wore I always had lots of fun with my clothing, my style has definitely "matured" since then, but if I went back to relive my fashion.. it wouldn't be so bad. :)

 
At October 11, 2010 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's so cool to get to know you better, I have a love/ hate relationship with the fact that us bloggers live across the world just because we'd probably be closest friends in real life, yknow? The blast from the past pictures are simply adorable

 
At October 12, 2010 at 1:09 AM , Blogger Kristel Knows said...

aw, how cute!!!! <3

 
At October 12, 2010 at 2:40 AM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

Aww, baby Anika is so cute! You have such lovely and expressive eyes. And of course, killer style throughout the years! Loved reading this, darling. :)

 
At October 12, 2010 at 3:31 AM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Loved reading more about you, Anika. I am so not surprised that you are a counselor...you have such a beautiful and gentle aura about you. I imagine it would be blindingly bright if I actually had the good fortune to meet you in person!

High school was mostly miserable for me. I was NOT popular and quirky and caught a lot of heat because of it. But I was always myself, and if that meant not fitting in, then that was the way it would be. Like you, it took me years to find my inner strength. I can't say I learned many lessons there...well, except to NOT cut class and to always make good grades! I couldn't wait to graduate. I did, and I never looked back.

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home