This Page

has been moved to new address

Leopard and studs -perfectly suited

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Leopard and studs -perfectly suited

This Page

has been moved to new address

Leopard and studs -perfectly suited

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Leopard and studs -perfectly suited

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Leopard and studs -perfectly suited


Well, hello there! Peacock-happy!


Today I was feeling confident in a leopard blue dress and a studded bolero jacket, not a bad thing during a challenging day at work!

I reworked the top of the dress from a halterneck to a sweetheart neckline because this accents my hourglass shape where the halterneck just made me look top heavy.  I used the leftover material for a waistband.
The bolero jacket used to be a suit jacket, but now it`s been cropped, tailored to hug my curves and studded by yours truly.


Statement studs, originally part of the neckline of the dress that was left over when I made one dress out of two:



Oh, and before I started stripping the studs off the neckline it made a very nice talking piece! (remember that post?)



... but is it art? :D


I love reworking and reusing loved pieces, and had fun adding studs to my bolero, mirroring the grey leopard spots on the dress.

Do you like to tailor fashion to suit your body better? Tell me how!


xoxo

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 6, 2010 at 12:19 AM , Blogger Weesha said...

omg I love the Peacock head dress- I want one too now :) I think I will actually- you look beautiful Anika, I love the alterations you made <3 that bolero is super cute!

 
At May 6, 2010 at 12:25 AM , Blogger Polly said...

Love the headband! Actually the whole outfit too! You have great style :) xx

 
At May 6, 2010 at 1:10 AM , Blogger L said...

Lovely outfit! You're so creative, I love it! And your so pretty!
x

 
At May 6, 2010 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

first off, thanks so much for your comments! Your feedback means so much to me! <3

@Weesha, def get one! It`s a staple I think! Haha, at least in a playful wardrobe! <3

@Polway, thanks so much! xxx!

@LaCara, thanks very much, now that I embrace my creativity fashion has become lot`s more fun, it`s all about celebrating our shape and personal style, right?! :)

xoxo!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home