This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Elizabeth of The State I Am In

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Elizabeth of The State I Am In

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Elizabeth of The State I Am In

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Elizabeth of The State I Am In

Friday, August 13, 2010

Spreading the love: Elizabeth of The State I Am In


Today I am so happy to spread the love for the beautiful Elizabeth of The State I Am In!
This girl is so sweet, both in personality and style!


Thanks so much for taking part Elizabeth!
<3


Here we go:

Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs fatshion?


I feel like the term "fatshion" is just a way to differentiate big/curvy/plus-size/fat girls from the mainstream fashion industry that excludes us a lot of the time. It's a label if you will, one which I embrace but one which others might not. I understand when people say that there is no need for this label but I see it as a big, powerful statement, like, "yeah, we're fat, but we sure know how to dress!"


What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?

I've always loved fashion but always felt excluded because only very small sizes were represented. However, since discovering the "fatshion" movement and body acceptance, I feel much more excited about fashion! I finally feel that I have options when it comes to clothing, that I can wear what I want, and I like that!


I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.

I would describe my style as "quirky classic." I like to use classic shapes but add in a little trend or a little something unexpected. When I get dressed in the morning I usually try to have at least one piece of clothing, or an accessory, that is a little quirky, strange or interesting, but then I pair it with classic elements too.


My outfits I picked for you:

Lace Dress - Everyone has this Asos Curve dress but it's wonderful seeing how people style it so differently. I wore mine to a wedding recently. I wanted to play up its classic qualities, the lace, and its quirky shape (empire waist, bell sleeves) so used a rope and pearl necklace, gold belt and winged eyeliner.

Floral skirt - I'm a little obsessed with floral at the moment. This skirt was my "stand-out" piece for this outfit so I paired it other simple garments.

Floral top - Again, floral! This is a casual outfit, and basically how I dress in my everyday life - dressed-up jeans!


How does blogging impact your life?

I just started blogging last month, so I'm quite new at it, but I really enjoy it. I love connecting with other bloggers and seeing their take on fashion and style. I love feeling empowered that I can wear beautiful clothes and be fat at the same time, and blogging and reading others' blogs is the reason for that.


Do you have a message for all the fashion loving ladies out there, whatever their size?


Don't feel that you can't enjoy dressing because of your size. Embrace the body you have, look critically at the fashion industry and mainstream media, and form your own positive view of your body.
 
Make sure others around you are body positive too! Fashion and clothes should be fun, regardless of your size!
 
 
 
 
To read my motivation for starting this series and for more features go to the Spreading the Love-page on top of this page.
 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 14, 2010 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Kristel Knows said...

awesome! <3 i LOVE THIS feauture, you've introduced so many amazing blogs I never knew of!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home