This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love for Bella of the Citizen Rosebud

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love for Bella of the Citizen Rosebud

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love for Bella of the Citizen Rosebud

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love for Bella of the Citizen Rosebud

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Spreading the love for Bella of the Citizen Rosebud


Today I am so happy to spread the love for the absolutely lovely Bella of the Citizen Rosebud!
Bellas style is so unique and beautiful, much like Bella her self.


Thanks for taking part Bella <3


Here we go:


Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs fatshion?


My understanding of the term "fatshion" is that plus-size girls and women are empowering themselves with style. They are declaring their inalienable right to style and are refusing the dour, dowdy and dumpy get-ups the fashion industry has been dishing out to them for so long. Fatshionistas feel good about their bodies, and enjoy dressing up and showing off. My understanding of the term fashion is that is is a "prevailing style or custom." Nobody lives in a vacuum. We are all influenced by what's going on around us and it is reflected in our dress.


What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?

Put simply: I love costume. I LOVE clothes. For many women, dressing up is their main source of creative outlet. I dress to express myself, my moods, my inspirations. I don't "follow" trends per se, but I do enjoy being on trend. I dress for my body, so I wear colors and patterns and fabrics that look good on me. So when bootleg jeans come back, I'll probably still stick to skinny jeans. But I'll wear them in a way so that they don't look passe or dated. Maybe that's why I like vintage! The clothing is so outdated, it can never be out. I mean a 1960's mod shift dress still looks fresh and modern 50 years later. I love that.




I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.


Well, the 3 I'm gonna pick are 3 looks that photographed really really well. So not that they were my 3 best outfits, but the pictures convey something unique.

1) The Canadian Tuxedo. Denim on denim. Not a combo I can pull off very well, and I took this latest denim on denim trend as a challenge. This shirt is such a soccer mom shirt, and I wanted to figure out a way to make it look cool. This is my highest rated outfit on Chictopia.

2) Dotty. My polka dot romper from Target. I waited almost 6 months to wear this romper! I've waiting and waited for a hot day to wear it, as it is heavy rayon and cooling. I dolled it up with a scarf and my Darth Vader sunhat and wore it to a casual fashion show at the mall. Not a single soul complimented my outfit in person, but online, off the hook in compliments. And I love the quirky factor of it, so you know I'll be wearing this again!

3) the Bobby Burns. Bobby Burns was a local legend, a jazz musician known for his wild antics and crazy style of dressing. My outfit was a tribute to his style. Plaid on plaid, that man could pull off the wildest colors and patterns! Anyhoo, it was this post that made me realize that I wanted to represent the style of my hometown, Sacramento, California.



How does blogging impact your life?

Well, at the moment, this love of mine takes up A LOT of time. I spend at least 30 hours a week "blogging." Either researching for an article, taking photos for an outfit post, reading and commenting on other blogs and writing my blogs. I've been posting about 5 times a week (not counting outfit posts on Chictopia and the various other social networks), but soon I'll have to cut back to just 3. I think I might go through blogging withdrawals.
How has blogging impacted my life? Almost hands down, blogging has had an incredibly positive impact on my life. It has become a vehicle of creative expression, a way to build and nurture (and be nurtured by) community. And blogging got me a side-gig writing for some other publications, which is pretty damn cool.





Do you have a message for all the fashion-loving ladies out there, whatever their size?


Focus on the positive. Keep your attentin to the things you like, not on what you don't like. This applies to your own appearance and your opinion regarding the opinion of others. I can not abide catty comments made at someone else's expense, snarky comments about weight whether skinny or large doesn't make anybody feel good and it just make you look bad. And this applies to comments about yourself to yourself. Focus on your best features, and relish your life!
 
 
 
 
 
To read my motivation for starting this series and more features go to the Spreading the love-page.
 
 

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At August 11, 2010 at 4:09 PM , Blogger the Citizen Rosebud said...

Anika, you are such a sweet-heart, and I am so honored that you chose me as one of your features. Thank you so much!

 
At August 11, 2010 at 10:44 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

thank you for saying yes Bella! <3

 
At August 12, 2010 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Cara said...

Cant go wrong with the purse in the first pic in love :)

 
At August 12, 2010 at 11:06 AM , Blogger jemina said...

Bella is inspirational, she is charming, witty and have Exceptional Personality. She is a role model for many bloggers and to me she is just BRILLIANT!!! love her!!! Wishing you a lovely day, J, xoxo

 
At August 12, 2010 at 3:55 PM , Blogger mispapelicos said...

Love Bella, and I think it is a lovely post.

 
At August 12, 2010 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

thank you all for showing Bella such love! I adore her too, she is just brilliant!! <3

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home