This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Julia of Porcelain Complexion

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Julia of Porcelain Complexion

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spreading the love: Julia of Porcelain Complexion

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Spreading the love: Julia of Porcelain Complexion

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Spreading the love: Julia of Porcelain Complexion


Today I am so happy to spread the love for the beautiful and chic Julia of Porcelain Complexion!
I absolutely love her style, and she is just such a sweetheart!


Thanks so much for taking part Julia!
<3

Here we go:


Could you share with us your thoughts on fashion vs. fatshion?



To be honest I think that the fashion industry can be exceptionally limited a lot of the time.
I adore fashion and all things related but there seem to be a lot of brands / designers that just seem to cater to girls that are wealthy & stick thin with legs that seem to go on forever.
I'm not wealthy, or stick thin & I have very short legs for my body...Having said that, I have confidence in who & what I am and make the most of my attributes.

A lot of the time clothing seems to be made to follow the latest trends rather than garments that fit & flatter a women’s figure.With boxy styles or overly snug garments that are in "fashion" at the moment it can be hard to find garments that A) Fit & B) Flatter. I think this is a major flaw in the industry.

Being a full pear shape myself, I find it quite hard at times to find clothing that works for me. My bottom end is 2 sizes bigger than my top half & this can present a bit of a challenge at times. But I am aware of what suits my shape & dress to suit me instead of what is dictated by the fashion scene.

I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that fashion is an expression of self & is entirely up to the interpretation of the wearer.Regardless of your size you should wear what fits & flatters your figure & expresses your personality & sense of style!


What is your philosophy with regard to fashion?

Wear what you like & wear it well.
By that I mean that I think it’s important to wear clothing that fits & flatters my shape.

I buy / wear garments based on their shape/ fabric etc; not based on the label that is attached.
A lot of the time we seem to be tricked into thinking that if we spend more money will look better – this is simply not the case. Price is irrelevant to style in my eyes.




I would love for you to share three of your fave looks.

Pic 1: My leopard print puff sleeve top & basic black skirt.

Pic 2: My backless bodysuit & cream polka dot skirt.
Pic 3: My stripe dress & self made pom pom scarf (its winter in NZ at the moment)


How does blogging impact your life?

Whilst I have been reading blogs for a while; I only began blogging just over a month ago & I have loved every minute of it. I have come across more people that I can relate to in a month of blogging than I’ve found in the duration of my life so far. I consider myself very lucky to have found a community of such inspirational individuals!


Do you have a message for all the fashionloving ladies out there, whatever their size?


March to the beat of your own drum.

Take the leap & face your demons, whatever they may be.

Be proud of who & what you are and most importantly to thine own self be true!
 
 
 
I have to also thank Julia so very much for giving me a blogaward!
I <3 your blog Julia !!! :)
 
 
For more features go to the Spreading the love-page on top of this page 
 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 10, 2010 at 8:30 PM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

I love Julia and I love Anika.

And I love that quote...To thine own self be true...I recently completed an upcoming blog feature for another blogger and said the very same thing!


♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com

 
At August 11, 2010 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Thanks Vahni, I think I speak for the both of us when I say we love you too. That quote is so beautiful and true, I agree. Look forward to reading your upcoming feature! <3

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home