This Page

has been moved to new address

Stepping outside the box without sleeves but with spunk

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Stepping outside the box without sleeves but with spunk

This Page

has been moved to new address

Stepping outside the box without sleeves but with spunk

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Stepping outside the box without sleeves but with spunk

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Stepping outside the box without sleeves but with spunk


Hi Sweethearts!

Today I really went for it and stepped out in this sleeveless dress!
For me that is a really big deal, silly as it may sound, because I really find it so hard to do without
feeling less than attractive shall we say.

So, I felt awful to be honest, but you know me, no way am I going to let my insecurities stop me,
so I took some deep breaths and decided to get on with it.
I can`t say that I am loving my arms yet, but it sure feels good to feel the sun and breeze on my shoulders :)

Next I`ll be trying for freakles on my chubby knees LOL!
But don`t hold your breath waiting, haha :D


The outfit:

Dress, my design. I got the top at H&M yesterday, and seing as how I couldn`t afford material for the rest of the dress I sewed it on to a skirt that used to be an H&M coat before it became this dress (worn with one of my bolerodesigns)....



...with a grey top that used to be this dress:

(am reworking the skirt of this dress and will show you some other day)



I worked the newly reworked dress with

neckless, hairband and ring, Lindex
various bangles
ballerinas, Din Sko


Tell me, how do you step outside your comfort zone?



xxx Anika

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At August 12, 2010 at 7:15 PM , Blogger L said...

It isn't silly at all, I know how you feel, uut Anika you look beautiful as always! I'm glad you built up the courage to go sleeveless, I still don't have the guts to do so, but you've inspired me to try :D

Sending love & positive vibes your way!

<3

 
At August 12, 2010 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Lykke said...

You go girl! Really fierce that you're stepping outside of your comfort zone! Must say, I think you look hot!
Confession from my side: I've always had eczema... And astma, as that goes along side one another often. I especially have it on my legs. It goes a little bit better now but I never wore shorts untill this summer. I really don't care anymore. I don't photoshop my pics either, people just have to take me as I am. So I can really emphatise with you!
Much love, xoxo

 
At August 12, 2010 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Adrienne said...

I love the sleeveless look on you! The dress is also stunning :)

Adrienne

 
At August 13, 2010 at 12:05 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Uugghh I know exactly how you feel. It was so hard for me to even wear anything BUT full length wide legs trousers or jeans. I'm still struggling with bare legs, but can wear tights and leggings no problem. It's an ongoing goal!

You look fabulous though, you should have no worries about your arms - you're gorgeous!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 2:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look great! the pop of color with the turquoise was a great choice :)

 
At August 13, 2010 at 2:39 AM , Blogger Weesha said...

just stopping by to let you know how gorgeous you look! I'm still trying to get comfy with it but I'm super self conscious when I show my arms. You look amazing hun, love how inspiring you are!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 2:47 AM , Blogger Julia said...

We all have insecurities that we have to deal with, good on you for stepping out of your comfort zone!
You are quite the talented sewer, I love your creations :)
xo

 
At August 13, 2010 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Trees said...

I am the same Anika! At one stage I worked out the gym for literally hours a day to get "guns" but for me it wasn't sustainable and I didn't end up with the "guns" I wanted anyways :P Sometimes I go sleeveless but I always feel self conscience!

You look beautiful as always - your reworks rock!

www.adventuresofagirlfromthenaki.blogspot.com

 
At August 13, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I always love your looks!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this look! But I also love your boleros too..am looking for the perfect black one!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

thank you to each and every one of you for sharing and for your support! I love hearing from you!!! <3

 
At August 13, 2010 at 5:12 PM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

GOOD FOR YOU! Yay! It's hard to step outside our comfort zones. They craziest thing I ever did to step outside of mine was skydive. And I'm so glad I did, because it was an amazing experience.

♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com

 
At August 16, 2010 at 7:53 PM , Anonymous audrey said...

I love your outfit !

The dress is very beautiful, and I really like the "leopard touch" :D !

 
At August 16, 2010 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

thank you all so very much for your feedback!!!
I <3 you, each and every one!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home