This Page

has been moved to new address

Tribute.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Tribute.

This Page

has been moved to new address

Tribute.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Tribute.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Tribute.


Hi Sweethearts.
I am writing this post with tears in my eyes.
This weekend I lost a grandmother. My family lost an amazing source of strength and inspiration.

The design community - in Norway and internationally- lost the grande dame of design.

My grandmother was Grete Prytz Kittelsen.


If you grew up in Scandinavia chances are that you used her designs every day.
Grete never boasted about all of her accomplishments, so neither will I.
She was happy that her designs were used, then - and now as collectors items.
She was a wonderful woman.

If you would like to read more about Grete and her lifes work you can do it here and here.







 
The news are all over the press now, and it makes the grief even stronger,
but it also is a fitting tribute to her lifes work.







My family and I were fortunate to see her one last time, to say goodbye.

I debated with my self to pause blogging, but, you know, I think she would have wanted me to go on with my life, to continue being creative.
She was not a sentimental woman, she was all about her work, all about creating and looking forward.
She was an amazing inspiration to me and loosing her has hit me harder then I expected.
Still, I am glad to share her work with you.
 
Grete photographed by Vouge in the 1960`s.


xxx Anika


Labels:

14 Comments:

At September 27, 2010 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Eight For A Wish said...

I feel your pain. She seems like a wonderful woman Anika and both of you must have been lucky to know each other, being linked creatively and such. I can hope that she lives on through her design and that people will remember her for only the good things, the good times, like I'm sure you will.
Take care, <3 xx

 
At September 27, 2010 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Amor said...

I am so sorry my darling. My heart goes out to you and your family and I am sure that with all of the press coverage it is not making the loss any easier. What I find so beautiful though, is that she will live on in her work and obviously her creativity lives on in you!

If you ever need to vent..I'm always here...

<3

L

 
At September 27, 2010 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Em said...

Hi Lovely - I just wanted to say, I feel so honored that you would share something so personal with us all. I understand the absolute pain of losing someone so close - so know my heart and prayers are with you. xxx.

 
At September 27, 2010 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Weesha said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Anika, I wish you strength to get through this hard time. It's amazing to have a grandmother who is considered design royalty, I'm sure she will live on through her designs and her family and it's a good thing to celebrate her life <3 hugs* tc :)

 
At September 28, 2010 at 12:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am very sorry for your loss. prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.

 
At September 28, 2010 at 1:18 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry for your loss Anika. xo

 
At September 28, 2010 at 2:58 AM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Amazing, Anika...and yet, I am not surprised, as this winning streak of creative vision obviously runs in the family. Again, so sorry for your loss.

♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com

 
At September 28, 2010 at 3:06 AM , Blogger Julia said...

So sorry to hear this :(
My love goes out to you & your family.
Thank you for sharing this with us, she was clearly a very talented women - must run in the family because you are too.
Bug hugs xox

 
At September 28, 2010 at 5:32 AM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

Lovely sweetheart, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your grandmother was clearly a great inspiration and a fabulous woman, as you are. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs to you.

 
At September 28, 2010 at 6:38 AM , Blogger simplymayraaa said...

im so very sorry for your loss Anika :(Your grandmother seemed like such an amazing woman.My thoughts are with you and your family

 
At September 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM , Blogger fullyfashioned said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss and I send my best wishes to yourself and your family. Thank you for sharing this inspiring woman's story. Take Care

FF xo

fully-fashioned.blogspot.com

 
At September 28, 2010 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Mode Plus said...

Hi Anika, so sorry for losing your loved one. A lot strength for you and your family.

 
At September 28, 2010 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Nefertiti said...

j aime beaucoups se que ta grand mere fait,je dirais mm j adore ;O)

 
At September 29, 2010 at 2:37 PM , Anonymous Val - Blog to be Alive said...

I am really sorry for your loss.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home