This Page

has been moved to new address

For the love of it

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: For the love of it

This Page

has been moved to new address

For the love of it

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: For the love of it

Thursday, October 14, 2010

For the love of it


Hi Sweethearts!

I only wear stuff I love, and only keep clothes in my closet that I love and that make me feel good!

I have been slightly bored with my wardrobe lately, and decided to mix it up
by putting my dresses toghether differently, literally.

The bottom and top are from two dresses that I wore for a while but didn`t really love anymore.
This new version feels good on.
We`ll see how long it lasts before I sew something new with it LOL.
I love being playful in life, as well as with fashion!




I love Vahni and her blog. This woman is so intelligent and warm, so generous and genuine.
I feel a strong connection with her, and really take her words to heart.
Reading her blog on original content really centered me in terms of my blogging;
that trusting my instincts and keeping it real is the way to go.


"Be you, be true to your voice."

"Offer compelling, original content when possible -your own perspective, photos and/or video."

"If you have nothing compelling and unique to offer, or your photos are awful, or if you’re burned out, DON’T POST. Just take a break. Your readers will still be there."

"If you allow comments, show your readers the same respect and courtesy they show you by responding to them."

"Support readers by visiting their blogs and commenting, and by following them through Bloglovin’ and/or Twitter."
 

Here`s what I am taking away from reading her post.
I am going to trust that you won`t stop reading if I don`t post every day. I will keep my content original and true. I will continue to leave real and heartfelt comments on all of your lovely blogs. I will get better at answering your comments that you leave for me, and that I appreciate so very much. I will continue to reach out to you, support, learn from and connect with you in every way I can.
I will keep blogging for the best reason I know;
for the love of it.


Tell, me what are your thougts on your own blogging?


xxx Anika

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At October 14, 2010 at 6:18 PM , Blogger MiA said...

Loves it ! :D And I love you, honey ! :)) xx

 
At October 14, 2010 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

thanks Miahon! I <3 you too!

 
At October 14, 2010 at 6:29 PM , Blogger L said...

This dress is gorgeous just like you! I love the zipper detail, and the colours! :D

I agree, you should only do things that you love, otherwise what's the point? I only blog, if I have something creative to share or if I feel like it, I don't feel the need to blog everyday. I would rather publish content with substance, than just for the sake of doing it.

Great post sweetie! I can't wait to talk to you next week :D

Take care (and get some rest!)
<3<3<3

 
At October 14, 2010 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Amor said...

I LOVE how fearless you are with prints! It really is inspiring and extremely reminiscent of Anna Sui's aesthetic which I am sooo envious of! I need to experiment...You inspire me on the daily! :)

 
At October 14, 2010 at 7:19 PM , Anonymous Monique said...

I couldn't agree with you more! That Post on Vahni's blog was fabulous! Love this little dress on you with the zipper! Adorbs!

P.S. Visit my blog to enter my first ever giveaway! You can win a Justina Leigh Bracelet AND a mystery prize!!!
xo M

 
At October 14, 2010 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Barbra said...

You have awesome style! I love everything about your looks!

 
At October 14, 2010 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

thank you LaCara <3 you are so sweet! I am so exited to talk to you next week, and I love that you stay so true to yourself in blogging and in life. <3

L`Amor, thanks honey!! that really means a lot to me, I love your comment on mixing prints. And I was just over at yours, LOVE your latest post.

Monique, thank you so much! really appreciate your feedback. "Adorbs!" that is so cute. I`ll be sure to enter your giveaway :)

Barttat, thank you so much for your comment :)) off to check out your blog now :)

 
At October 15, 2010 at 12:24 AM , Blogger All Made Up said...

lovely post! I'd have to agree with the little hints n tips. I find blogging seriously enjoyable and relaxing and I have no doubt it's because there are so many nice like minded girls in one place!

Oh and i love the outfit - nice job on the "new" dress :)

http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

 
At October 15, 2010 at 12:26 AM , Blogger Mode Plus said...

Ahww Anika, you're so sweet and truly warm hearted/genuine. I'm pretty sure you're readers will be there even if you don;t post everyday. You pamper us so much already, LOL !

 
At October 15, 2010 at 3:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look great in fitted pieces. the studs on the dress complete it!

 
At October 15, 2010 at 5:26 AM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

Just love the new dress, dear! You look so uninhibited and happy. And I love what you took away from V's post (which I have yet to read, but it's on my list; I'm slowly but surely catching up on my blog-reading this week!). I think people can so easily get caught up in blogging for attention, which is unfortunate. I know there are a lot of great "celebrity" bloggers out there, but that shouldn't be what people aspire to. For myself, it's all about expressing who I am and sharing the things I love in life. I want to be able to look back at my past entries and see bits of myself in them, reflections of how my tastes have changed. It's almost like taking snapshots of what I'm thinking and how I'm feeling. Now that I have a small audience I like to try to interact with them both outside of my blog and in my own posts, but my main goal is to continue posting things that inspire and interest me and hoping that they might inspire and interest others. (:

I would absolutely still be here even if you don't post every day! Your blog is original, BEAUTIFUL and endlessly inspiring. (I always say that last bit, but it's always true!) Just keep being you, lovely, and your blog will continue to blossom. xoxo

 
At October 15, 2010 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

So nice of you to give your friend a shout out. You look lovely. I didn't know you had blue eyes, they are really really pretty.

 
At October 16, 2010 at 2:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful blogging advice! Sometimes I think we all do feel burnt out. Your blog is super fun and your eyes are gorgeous! xo

 
At October 16, 2010 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Emmett Katherine said...

First and foremost I have to say I really like that you rework and sew your clothes to make them suit you. I do that too (a little), I have a pile of thrifted clothes waiting for me to perfect them. I appreciate the time it takes to do that, and I have to say well done.

I really love blogging, but I have been frustrated lately over photos. Its dark outside when I wake up and dark when I get home from work so I can't take them outside and I'm getting tired of taking them in the same spot (inside).
Other than that I love blogging and coming over creative blogs that inspire me and give me ideas.

Em K

 
At October 16, 2010 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

thank you all so much, I love reading your comments my friends.

Em, thanks, it does take time and effort to design, but it is totally worth it :)

Debby, thanks for stopping by! xx

The Girlie Blog, I do have baby blues, that is true ;) *wink wink*

Casee Marie, thank you so very much, I really appreciate your long comments, it`s like a conversation. thanks for your support! xx

Jill, thank you, I was thinking about your comment, and I really appreciate it because wearing fitted pieces is something I didn`t have the confidence to do before. xx

Nem, your comment really moved me. thank you so very much. I feel the same about you. xx

All made up, blogging is amazing! I just wish I could meet everybody :)) thanks for your comment.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home