This Page

has been moved to new address

Pissed off / Learning to live. In leopard.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Pissed off / Learning to live. In leopard.

This Page

has been moved to new address

Pissed off / Learning to live. In leopard.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Pissed off / Learning to live. In leopard.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pissed off / Learning to live. In leopard.


Hi Sweethearts!

I am so glad to "see" you again!


For all the beauty in life, it is very hard sometimes, you know?
I have been blessed with so much love in my life, but I am also a suvivor of abuse.
I have deep emotional wounds that I am trying my best to heal
in a loving and respectful manner towards my self, same as I try to be to everyone else. 

After spending days crying and grieving, I am now at a place where I am pissed off!
Who is anyone to hurt me, who are we to hurt each other?!!

I only got in touch with my anger on behalf of my self a few years ago
(and all of our wine glasses soon needed replacing after I had slammed them in a wall LOL).

I am a fierce self worth activist, I am a pacifist, I am stubborn, I am joyful, I am strong, I am voulnerable,
I am learning to stand up for my self as well as for others, I am done being a victim.

I survived. Now I am learning to live.

I am also all decked out in leopard.
Again. LOL

There you have it, the big things in life, and the smaller but really enjoyable ones.




The outfit:

The dress, H&M/reworked by me
Bolero, my design
Booties, Nilson




Let`s be kind. Let`s be the best version of our selves. Let`s be a friend.

 

xxx Anika


Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

At October 31, 2010 at 10:01 PM , Blogger MiA said...

You'll make it through anything, Anika. You're such a fighter! I love you, and the leopard still looks pretty damn good ! See you once I'm back in the city! xxx

 
At October 31, 2010 at 10:10 PM , Blogger L said...

You're brave, beautiful, and strong! You will overcome this!

You look amazing in leopard prints, I really love this dress you re-worked. :D

Send positive vibes & love your way!

<3<3<3

 
At October 31, 2010 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

Anika, I've missed your beautiful presence online! You're such a vibrant spirit and you bring such joy into every life you touch. I hope only the best things and happiest times come your way. You deserve nothing less! xo

 
At October 31, 2010 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Gaëlle PRUDENCIO said...

<3

 
At October 31, 2010 at 10:34 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 31, 2010 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Mode Plus said...

I was thinking where u we're. These parts of life rn't pretty but facing them makes u strong. Glad 2 c u online again!

 
At October 31, 2010 at 10:38 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

<3 Vanoue. :)

Nem, thank you. lovely to see you too! :)

 
At October 31, 2010 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

thank you so much for your kind and moving words Casee Marie. I am so glad we are bloggerfriends! <3

 
At November 1, 2010 at 1:49 AM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

I love you for loving you. Breaking glass always feels better, doesn't it? Amen. You are strong, by lovely, and you are right: who are we to hurt each other?


♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

 
At November 1, 2010 at 5:29 AM , Blogger Tanvi said...

Here's to - being the best version of ourselves! :) Much love and more power to you :)

 
At November 1, 2010 at 5:47 AM , Blogger Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

You are a very strong woman! And you look beautiful in leopard!

 
At November 1, 2010 at 5:58 AM , Blogger Kenyetta said...

I hope everything is well, your a sweetheart and deserve the best in life. your looking gorgeous as usual in this post :)

 
At November 1, 2010 at 6:36 AM , Blogger Julia said...

Life can be a shit sometimes :( but that which doesn't kill us will make us stronger!
Hang in there xo

P.s Loving the leopard!!!

 
At November 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Trees said...

Love this post & photo! I'm working hard on being my own friend but it's tough - having inspirational bloggers like you sure helps and inspires!

www.adventuresofagirlfromthenaki.blogspot.com

 
At November 2, 2010 at 12:17 AM , Blogger disco said...

Good to see you back online, Anika. =D

Some people can be such bullies...karma will bite them in the bum one day, don't worry about that. No one has to right to make anyone feel shit so stand tall and strong!

Much love from Oz,
Mavy

 
At November 2, 2010 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Thank you Mia, I love you too!

Thank you LaCara, your support means a lot to me. love you <3

Thank you Vahni, I love that: "breaking the glass always feels better". It sure does. big kiss!

Cheers to that Tanvii!! thanks lovely.

Thank you girlie, you are very kind! :)

Kenyetta darling, thanks so very much. <3

It sure can Julia, but you are right, it does make it even better at being us, if we use the shit times for greater good. :)

Thank you Trees, being our own best friend means having a friend for life, I hope you get to that place sweetie.

Tank you Mavy! Karma honey, kaaaaaaaaaaaaarmaaaa! :))

 
At November 5, 2010 at 2:24 AM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

I'm so late in posting a comment here, SORRY!! It sucks that you had to go through such a hard time but, as we say, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". And with the leopard print in mind, I might add: "I am woman...hear me roar!!". You are intelligent, beautiful, brave, tough and have a good, big heart. You will be alright. There's just many storms in life and we have to go through them. It's in our darkest times when the light shines the brightest. Have faith in yourself like you always do! :)) XX B.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home