This Page

has been moved to new address

Celebrating the women in my life

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Celebrating the women in my life

This Page

has been moved to new address

Celebrating the women in my life

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Celebrating the women in my life

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Celebrating the women in my life


Hi Sweethearts!

Are you having a good weekend?
Thank you all so much for leaving me such wonderful comments, I love when you share with me!

Today was all about the women of my family.
I threw my mum a birthday party at ours, lovingly celebrating her.
I also said goodbye to my little sister before she`s going on a several months long adventure globetrotting.
I couldn`t be prouder of her, and I miss her so much already
(we only said goodbye an hour ago :D)

Here is my outfit du jour:


Dress, H&M and reworked by me
Bolero, my design
Watch, ICE
Scarf, Zara
Hairglitz, Lindex
Booties, Nilson

With all the patterns going on I kept the rest minimal.
All though, the head band probably isn`t really minimal, is it. Actually nothing about this outfit is minimal (LOL), but I still maintain it is quite restrained while crazily patterned. :D!




Now to the comic-relief part of this post.


My sis took these pics, but wasn`t really happy with my poses, so she wanted some ACTION!
I felt like a complete idiot jumping about in the street, but I will stop at almost nothing for her (and you guys),
so here it is, me in action, literally.
(I would like to point out that I am built for comfort, not speed.)
(And that I am becoming aware that pic one and three might be what I look like at the dancefloor, and that the second just seems like going against nature LOL)





I love birthdays. And my mum. It`s a good combination :)





I love my sis.
She is cool in a way that I could never be, we ying and yang a lot, she has a heart of gold,
is stubborn as hell, is my best friend,
is a beautiful soul, 
and shares that loud surprisingly masculine-sounding-traffic-stopping-laughter that I have been blessed with.





Want to tell me about the women in your life?

xxx Anika

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At October 16, 2010 at 7:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Det var koselig min kjære søster, og ja vi er virkelig heldig med den latteren ;-) Jeg er veldg glad i deg også og kommer til å savne deg masse, men skal sende masse mail og bilder og det samme må du...! Love u lots <3<3<3

 
At October 16, 2010 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

åååååå! <3 :) det blir bra, du skal få mail og bilder og alt, og jeg gleder meg til å høre fra deg og, men det viktigste er at du nyter turen! You rock! lots of love, klem A. <3

 
At October 16, 2010 at 10:19 PM , Blogger L said...

Gorgeous! I'm glad you had a lovely day today! Your house is absolutely beautiful! Loving the jumping pictures, you look so joyful!

Love you!
<3

 
At October 17, 2010 at 5:48 AM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

What a beautiful post! First I have to say that I love your ACTION shots. And now I think we have to meet up and go out dancing. Ha!

I love my sister as well - she's just a year and five months older than me, and we were inseperable throughout childhood until she moved away to join a ballet company when she was eightteen. She was only a three hour car drive away so I got to see her on a few weekends and often went to her performances, but now I've moved with my parents and we're ten hours away. Much too far! But it's fantastic to have my mom here because she and I are the most alike. We go shopping and have long chats - and, of course, move the kitchen table to have silly photoshoots! Haha. I love all the ladies in my life (:

 
At October 17, 2010 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Gabriele said...

Nice dress and that cake look amazing :)

New post on www.cookiebyme.blogspot.com

G.

 
At October 17, 2010 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

I love the way you mixed and matched patterns!

Looks like a lovely celebration!

 
At October 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Vibhuti said...

Sweetness, Wishing your mum a very happy birthday! May God bless her with all the happiness, love, luck and health in life. Shes already blessed to have such beautiful daughters, I must say! :D
I was very close to my mum too and they are a boon I tell you. Lost her in 2003 to acute renal failure..:( I miss her like tons..:(
Sorry for sharing my woes story with you!!!
God Bless dear
Ur blogger friend,
Vibz

 
At October 17, 2010 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Girl, your style is so amazing! You look awesome with whatever you put on!!

And sweetie, thanks for your sweet comment on the quote blog! Funny how some of those just make life a litte easier to explain or get through :-)

 
At October 17, 2010 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Polly said...

You mix patterns so well! Looks like you had a lovely day, your home is gorgeous!
x

 
At October 17, 2010 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Thank you all so much ladies!!!

Polly, that is very kind of you, thank you so much!
Jen, you are so cute, just went round yours again :)
Vibuhti, thank you so much for sharing, I wrote you on your blog. <3
Girlie, thank you so much for your comment, mixing is a lot of fun :)
Gabrielle, thanks! I`ll surf over to you now!
Casee Marie, thank you so much for sharing! We are so ON for dancing! :D lovely hearing about you and your sister, glad you still live close to your mum :)
LaCara, sweetheart, thank you so much, you are so sweet and I really love and appreciate you <3

 
At October 18, 2010 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Lodimat said...

the animal print fits perfectly to your hairstyle! raaawwr! :D

love it!

 
At October 18, 2010 at 11:44 PM , Blogger Kenyetta said...

so cute! i love the headband and hair also!

 
At October 19, 2010 at 1:05 AM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

Love the pattern on your dress and scarf! Super cute!

 
At October 19, 2010 at 10:24 PM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Happy happy!!!

Looks like an amazing time. I love your place!

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

 
At October 21, 2010 at 7:04 PM , Anonymous Lisa Plus Size said...

I love the scarf, but I don't know that I would wear it with that outfit. It's a bold pattern!

 
At October 21, 2010 at 7:06 PM , Anonymous Plus Size Dorita said...

Haha you look so cute in the action shot. And the cake has me drooling already... yum!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home