This Page

has been moved to new address

Eccentric layering / bonkers look. It is a fine line

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Eccentric layering / bonkers look. It is a fine line

This Page

has been moved to new address

Eccentric layering / bonkers look. It is a fine line

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Eccentric layering / bonkers look. It is a fine line

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Eccentric layering / bonkers look. It is a fine line


Hi Sweethearts!

After reading your lovely comments, where several of you commented that only I could pull of a look like the one with the studded winter-jacket, it got me thinking:

Chic or crazy.
It`s a fine line, you know! :D

I have to say I am not always sure I am on the chic side of that line, and I have certainly had those
OMG-why didn`t someone put me in stable siderest as soon as I walked out the door in THAT outfit-moments,
but the truth of it is, I don`t care.
Chic, sure! Crazy, I`ll take that too. LOL

I don`t go out of my way to dress bonkers, it just happens. That is me being me (you can read that any way you like LOL). I don`t dress up to get noticed either, I dress up for my own pleasure of it.
And also, I only own dresses, and am therefore always overdressed.
It is more fun this way, and if all else fails I am betting on my charm to get me through. Hahahhahahah :D





The outfit:
Dress, my design
Bolero, cut from a dress from H&M (I loved my other one so much I couldn`t touch it, so had to buy a second dress to make this bolero. The rest is a scarf, for now :D)
Scarf, dress used as scarf (It was a maxidress that I reworked from H&M)
Leopard bonnet and big purple ring, H&M
Watch, Ice
Leopard booties, Nilson







Tell me, do you ever flirt with crazy-chic?



xxx Anika¨

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

At November 17, 2010 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your style and designs.

 
At November 17, 2010 at 5:46 PM , Blogger ohyouprettythings said...

So cute! Love your style! I'm going to do something like this today :]

 
At November 17, 2010 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Although I don't think there's anything bonkers about your style I think crazy-chic is such an awesome look! It's that border line of love it or hate it fashion and I love people who dare to walk that line- life's too short to not be all dressed up and feeling fabulous <3 Stay awesome Anika!

 
At November 17, 2010 at 9:39 PM , Blogger Una said...

I love the look, the hat and jacket are fantastic. Please post some tutorials on how you rework your clothes...pretty please.

Sorry i missed it before but congrats on the feature and i'm sure there will be more to come.

 
At November 17, 2010 at 10:32 PM , Blogger beatrice said...

Love the pattern mixing!

 
At November 18, 2010 at 1:22 AM , Blogger Paulie Antiques said...

love the hat, dear! :)

 
At November 18, 2010 at 2:22 AM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

Another post that had me smiling like a goofball. You and your blog are such a joy, A! And just so you know, your charm could take you all over the world.

I love this look. The hat is darling! I can't say I flirt with crazy-chic often (okay, occasionally I'll aim for boho-chic and miss...greatly) but I'm always inspired by those who do. Honestly, my wardrobe is too boring to be crazy-chic! I own mostly solid colors, and the majority of it is black. Haha.

 
At November 18, 2010 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Thank you so much Mz B! <3

Thank you you pretty thing :) would love to see what you come up with! xx

Thank you so much LuAnne, I feel like you are like that too, you dress very YOU, and I love it :)

Thank you for your kind comment Curvy :) what tutorials would you like me to do? xx

Thank you Beatrice!

Cheers anything but bland-hon!!

Thank you for your sweet comment Casee Marie <3 you are so lovely, in full black or not :) xx

 
At November 19, 2010 at 12:01 AM , Anonymous Bella said...

Anika, not only are you beautiful, you are unique in your personal style. I want you to know I do crazy chic every day of the week--though in all honesty, it's more crazy than chic! However, my nanna once told me it's with the grace that you carry yourself that really makes the outfit. So, even while I'm out with Roxy wearing an old pair of sweats with an animal patterned old tee, I hold my head high and strut like I'm on the catwalk! :)

 
At November 19, 2010 at 12:29 AM , Blogger dc said...

Stay chic and crazy, that's how we like you!
Thanks for the message, I was touched!
DC
xx
http://dentelleetchocolat.blogspot.com/

 
At November 19, 2010 at 4:00 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I feel I'm always walking that tightrope between crazy cat lady/bag lady and chic. I hope I mostly veer on the chic side, but I know I take occasional steps into the coo-coo side, too! But you know what? Life would be so boring if nobody ever stepped over the crazy line to the bonkers side of life!
I love this look. My favorite part is the caramel brown fluttery sleeves that poke out!

 
At November 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Mode Plus said...

Oh Anika, I freakin' love your style & blog writing.

 
At November 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM , Blogger Kenyetta said...

hey anika!!!!!

love the hat! this look is adorable! just noticed i have yet to see you in pants when you said you only own dresses. im not a big fan of pants but the weather where i stay wont allow me to only where dresses i wish i could though!

 
At November 20, 2010 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Kathy St. Clair said...

I love the pattern mixing too! And I love you in rust! The hat is glorious. Love it all xx

 
At November 21, 2010 at 5:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not crazy at all! I like clashing! It's great! People are too "safe"

 
At November 23, 2010 at 11:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

'I don`t go out of my way to dress bonkers, it just happens,' --> haha this is just like me, but I am bonkers so it makes sense :)

Love your posts, they are so positive and cheerful! Just like you ^^

xoxo

 
At November 23, 2010 at 2:28 PM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Are you getting my comments, sweetie? They seem to be disappearing into some big black hole!


♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home