This Page

has been moved to new address

The joy in the everyday moments

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: The joy in the everyday moments

This Page

has been moved to new address

The joy in the everyday moments

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: The joy in the everyday moments

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The joy in the everyday moments


Hi Sweethearts!

Thank you all so much for your comments!

You know how changing our thoughts changes our lives?

Today I have been thinking about the little things that gave me joy during this ordinary Tuesday:

Black coffee first thing in the morning
A hug from a lovely collegue
Thinking about you guys
Having a councelling session with a pupil turn into a dance off with Rihannas latest hit blasting in my office (he is 12 and put my moves to shame, but I did walk the dog very nicely thank you very much LOL)
Feeling inspired to sew an outfit that reflects a painting that I love
Picturing my sis on a beach in Vietnam having her glasses nicked by a (very fashionforward) monkey
Laughing out loud at the memory of my brother working my bonkers glasses (he is a total sweetheart, and oddly pulled the glasses off better than I can)
Noticing the beautiful leaves on the trees on my way home when I remembered to lift my head and stop thinking about work
Making this list and realizing that this ordinary Tuesday has infact been a lovely Tuesday.


Tell me, what gave you joy today?


The outfit:
Dress, my design
Black dress worn as slip, my design
Wool bolero, Vero Moda
Various accessories
Booties, Nilson


xxx Anika

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At November 2, 2010 at 6:21 PM , Blogger L said...

You are so beautiful!! This has to be my favorite outfit you've ever designed!! I love the pop or coral, the animal print, and the joy on your face! I'm glad you had a lovely day! :D

I had a joyful day yesterday, I spent with my family, and I've never laughed so hard :D


<3

 
At November 2, 2010 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Oh LaCara, my lovely, I am so glad to hear that!! tell me more! family is such a wonderful thing, I call mine la familia la mafia haha :)

thank you so much for all the love. <3

 
At November 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cute look:-)

 
At November 2, 2010 at 7:24 PM , Anonymous Alissa said...

We are twins because I love coffee first thing in the morning. It actually helps me start my day on a positive note. I also love taking the long train ride to work it helps me relax and think about the tasks ahead of me for the day. Finally, I love when a thought of my son pops in my head because it gives me something to look forward to coming home to.

 
At November 2, 2010 at 8:13 PM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Love this list...and a dance off?! How awesome is that!? I bet you made his day.


♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

 
At November 2, 2010 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Mode Plus said...

So glad to see u'r joy coming back. What would we do if u'r not spreading the love as always. Looking lovely, miss Anika.

 
At November 2, 2010 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

Your sunshine face and this lovely post gave me joy today - and the mental picture of you walking the dog, hahaha! Too cute. :)

 
At November 3, 2010 at 3:30 AM , Blogger Brenda said...

Hi Anika,
I just wanted to say that I love your new blog style. I always enjoy your posts and think you always look gorgeous. I am a career sewer/pattern drafter. It is a dying art so I love to see a fellow stitcher.
Keep up the wonderful work and style.
Brenda
www.PlusSizeBrasAndPanties.blogspot.com

 
At November 3, 2010 at 3:47 AM , Blogger Julia said...

Sounds like a great day!
I got to meet someone I've always looked up to today so that was cool :)
Love your style as always xo

 
At November 3, 2010 at 8:26 AM , Anonymous Lee Oliveira said...

Hi Anika.. thanks for the comment on my blog.

I like your style.. great print skit..
will b definately following you too

 
At November 4, 2010 at 4:15 AM , Blogger stylenuggets said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I can't find the Followers button but will follow when I do. I Love the animal print skirt you're wearing. I'm on the lookout for one myself :)

 
At November 4, 2010 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

thank you all so very much for your comments! I love when you share with me :) I`ll be surfing over to yours now :) love, Anika

 
At November 6, 2010 at 11:54 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I adore how you added a pop of pink/coral to the leopard skirt and neutral top. It works so well.
And, in answer to the question posed on this post: What gave me joy today? I'd have to say it was seeing your comment on my blog, which led me to another great curvy girl blogger! Can't wait to explore your site some more!

 
At November 7, 2010 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Kristel Knows said...

really pretty! <3

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home