This Page

has been moved to new address

In full bloom - front to back

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: In full bloom - front to back

This Page

has been moved to new address

In full bloom - front to back

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: In full bloom - front to back

Saturday, November 13, 2010

In full bloom - front to back


Hi Sweethearts!

You know how some dresses make you feel va va voooooom?
This is one of those dresses for me.
(va va VOOM baby! LOL)

Thinking back to all those years I walked around feeling fat, ugly and crap makes
my joy of now being able to love my self and enjoy dressing up every day even stronger.

It`s not so much my body that has changed, it is my perspective on my self.
Every time I have a negative thought about my self I let it go and replace it with a supportive one.
Such hard work, totally worth it.

So here I am in all my glory (oh dear), in full bloom as it were.


The outfit:

Dress (Indiska) that I have reworked by wearing it with the back as the front. I wanted the rough detail of the zipper to show, and also I simply can`t zip it up HAHAHAH.
I added the belt from a miniskirt that I wear as a scarf. 
The scarf (H6M) is another miniskirt (of course :D). I love the golden snake fabric.
Owl earrings (Gina Tricot)
Huge purple ring (H&M)
Watch (Ice)
Leopard booties (Nilson)
Double chin (Ben & Jerrys LOL)



Thank you each and every one for your wonderful comments.
I take them all to heart and love surfing over to your lovely blogs. <3


xxx Anika

Ps. I am considering changing the commenting system to Disqus because it is very important to me to be able to answer each of your comments directly. Tell me, which system do you prefer?

Labels: , , ,

19 Comments:

At November 13, 2010 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Katrin said...

It is so amazing how you work things out to be something totally different! I love that!

 
At November 13, 2010 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Collette Osuna said...

Love your rich floral design dress....the scarf is a great touch:)

Stop by and say Hello ♥
I’m an MTV Style Blogger of the Week!!!

 
At November 13, 2010 at 10:30 PM , Anonymous Bella said...

This floral print makes me want to smile! Maybe cause it's so refreshing and fresh in comparison to my sea of drab black clothing! Do you know that I have never ever worn florals? I have loved them from a distance but always thought my hips were too wide for them. :( But perhaps I'll come around. That's why it's so inspiring to read what you write about self acceptance!

 
At November 14, 2010 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

Double chin (Ben & Jerrys LOL)
Ahahahaha! That, dear Anika, just made my entire weekend. But you don't have a double chin! I, on the other hand, will certainly be using that line in the future. Thank you for your constant wit and wisdom.

Also, love love loving that dress and the miniskirt/scarf as a belt! You're so creative. And you're totally rocking the floral print, I love.

I've been thinking about switching to Disqus as well! Especially for the reply feature. But I'm also entertaining moving to Wordpress so I might wait until I figure all of that out to switch commenting systems, you know?

 
At November 14, 2010 at 9:38 AM , Blogger My Heart Blogged said...

Oh God I love that dress. I just found your blog, and I love it. You have great style, and some amazing clothes. If I had the cash I would be shopping for a floral dress right this second.

myheartblogged.blogspot.com/

 
At November 14, 2010 at 11:50 AM , Blogger poet said...

A mini skirt as a scarf? Fabulous idea!

Thanks for your comment!

Cheers,
poet

 
At November 14, 2010 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

That dress is adorable! Love how you wore it, gave it a rock'n roll twist. What a fun idea, wearing a miniskirt as scarf!

 
At November 14, 2010 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Gazel M. said...

You're so pretty, and I love the print on this dress.
I love how you can take something and just wear it however you want! ie: miniskirt into scarf LOL.

 
At November 14, 2010 at 3:03 PM , Blogger The Merry Traveller said...

You do look like a flower in bloom so your title is very apt!

 
At November 14, 2010 at 9:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the floral print on you--so much fun! A mini skirt as a scarf? Have to try that~Paula

 
At November 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM , Blogger stylenuggets said...

You've mixed colours and prints so well. I've had problems logging in to Disqus in the past. Perhaps I'm the only one?

 
At November 15, 2010 at 2:34 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

I love this post! First of all, gorgeous dress! The tights and boots are so cute. Also, you are very inspiring.

 
At November 15, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Mode Plus said...

Ah Anika, you really know what u'r doing girl. I bow down, LOL. Love the colors and such a happy dress. And I might try the Ben&Jerry's thing, hahaha. So funny.

 
At November 15, 2010 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

thank you each and every one for your comments! I appreciate you all and have been round to yours to continue the conversation :) <3 Anika

 
At November 16, 2010 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

Beautiful!

 
At November 17, 2010 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You look va va voom! that's a beautiful dress Anika and you look gorgeous in it!

 
At November 18, 2010 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Aimee | Irresistible Icing said...

You look awesome!

I don't know much about that comment system, so I'm not sure which would be better.

 
At November 21, 2010 at 8:57 AM , Blogger neffbot said...

I LOVE that dress! You look great in such bright colors. (You also look great in not bright colors).

 
At November 21, 2010 at 5:36 PM , Blogger stina honey said...

You look amazing, like always!
Bright prints suit you!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home