This Page

has been moved to new address

Coat-dress, miniskirt-scarf and other spotty possibilites

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Coat-dress, miniskirt-scarf and other spotty possibilites

This Page

has been moved to new address

Coat-dress, miniskirt-scarf and other spotty possibilites

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Coat-dress, miniskirt-scarf and other spotty possibilites

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Coat-dress, miniskirt-scarf and other spotty possibilites

Hi Sweethearts!

Thank you all for your love,
I have been round to each one of you to thank you and enjoy your fab blogs!
<3

For me, life is all about seing the possibilities!

A chance meeting can bring a new best friend.
A no or a yes can bring a lesson in life.
Not being where I want to be can bring pride when I acheive a goal.
Taking what seems like a wrong turn can bring something into my life that I didn`t know I needed.
Not having the money to shop as much as I like can mean that a fab cushion with newspaper-print might get a new life as a bolero.
Being bored can bring new ideas.
Feeling lonely can make me brave.
Being late in the morning can provide a tad of exercise running for the bus.
Not having regrets can mean self acceptance.
Having wrinkles means I can count all my smiles.
Having a big bum can mean that I have more to shake when dancing.
Realizing that being fat I really can not hide can mean that I might as well dress in spots.
:D

In short, I seldom see problems, I just maybe haven`t found the solutions yet.
That attitude is what has gotten me into this outfit with spots all over the girls LOL



This is one of those outfits where I am wearing stuff that came from seeing the possibilites and not the limitations:
A miniskirt that I can only get around one thigh has become a much loved scarf (H&M).
Not having any black material meant that a coat became a skirt (coat and top, H&M).
Needing somthing green for a top but being broke had me crafting a bolero (Fabric from H&M-dress).
Being in denial about living in a country where I need practical shoes for fall helped me welcome my leopard booties (Nilson)





Tell me, what are your take on the possibilites in life and in fashion?


xxx Anika

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At November 10, 2010 at 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post an outfit! I especially like the part about not being able to hide so you might as well wear spot :)

 
At November 10, 2010 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Natasha said...

Love the skirt-scarf! Looking fab!

 
At November 10, 2010 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Tanvi said...

Your Attitude ROCKS my Lady! :)

 
At November 10, 2010 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Una said...

OMG i love your attitude and outlook on life. That skirt scarf is so clever, I would of never thought of that. You look amazing and thank you for your cheery post.

 
At November 10, 2010 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Alexandra said...

Such creative uses of things... especially that mini skirt as a scarf!!! And as always, I love your leopard print :-)

 
At November 10, 2010 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Hannah | The Outfit Repeater said...

You have such a great a great outlook on things, I wish there were more people like you out there.
I love the DIY of your style as well, it's very inspirational. I like going through my closet and finding new ways to wear my clothes.
Thank you for another lovely post! :)

 
At November 10, 2010 at 11:46 PM , Anonymous Bella said...

OMG Anika, I so loved this post! Inspiring, creative, resourceful! The minute I finished reading it I was brainstorming to see what "too little" clothes I own, God knows there must be a closet full, that I could convert into something else! You've started a revolution, woman! :)

 
At November 11, 2010 at 3:28 AM , Blogger Julia said...

Anika you have an amazing attitude & I totally agree with your comments!
Love the mix of prints & textures xo

 
At November 11, 2010 at 5:55 AM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

You are so very right about so many things...wise beyond your years! I love how you turn obstacles and bits of this and that into a new dress and a new lease on life. It takes patience, creativity, and passion. You're my hero~


♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

 
At November 11, 2010 at 6:38 PM , Blogger dc said...

Wise girl! The skirt is beautiful, you're pretty creative!
DC
xx
http://dentelleetchocolat.blogspot.com/

 
At November 12, 2010 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Kristel Knows said...

fierce my lady, love your creative outfit a lot! :D

 
At November 12, 2010 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

I adore your positivity, it makes me smile as i read your posts. your diy scarf is awesome!!!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home