This Page

has been moved to new address

Done shaming my self / white frills

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Done shaming my self / white frills

This Page

has been moved to new address

Done shaming my self / white frills

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: Done shaming my self / white frills

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Done shaming my self / white frills


Hi Sweethearts!


Remember these white frills?
The skirt of this dress was one of my personal breakthroughs in terms of defining what I can wear and not.
That definition was blown wide open when I picked my shamed self up from the dressing room floor (when the dress sized XL didn`t fit) and walked out of the store with two matching dresses, determined that I was going to wear the beautiful white frills no matter what.

I made a dress from the two dresses, and here is the skirt of that dress - take three.



I have been thinking about shame today and about why on earth I should keep shaming my self. I couldn`t come up with one good reason to continue with it.

So, sweethearts, it is time for another list LOL

Things I am done shaming my self for:

Being fat
Not feeling ashamed of being fat. (Intricate stuff this :D)
Being smart
My laugh. (If you heard it you`d know what I mean haha. Note to self, make vlog!)
Not managing the whole perfect wife-daughter-professional-friend-thing all the time.
Placing cups with soap around the house instead of spring cleaning (HAHAHAH. I really am honest here :D)
Being a hopeless romantic. (Re-runs of the bachelorette? Sure!)
Growing up the daughter of a diplomat
Being really scared every now and then thinking about the future
Sometimes agreeing with compliments I recieve LOL
Pushing my self too hard to take care of others
Swearing too often
Telling dirty jokes
Being really proud of my self for who I am as a person and where I am in my life
Always wanting to understand and listen to others. I have been called naive, but I`m not, I just love people really easily.

That`s my list. What`s on yours?

I love you guys.
<3



The outfit:
Dress my design (top from H&M)
Leopard dress used as slip (from H&M, reworked by me)
Leopard booties, Nilson
Watch, ICE 




I want to say a big thank you to my beautiful friend LaCara of Oh La La Curves for featuring me today!



xxx Anika

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At November 4, 2010 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Great list girl! Love your confidence!

 
At November 4, 2010 at 9:29 PM , Blogger L said...

I admire your strength, determination, and beauty! You truly are an inspiration!! Your creations are truly magnificent, loving the frills and animal print!

I'm done shaming myself about :

My weight, the length of my hair, the size of my arms, my chubby cheeks which makes me look like a child (LOL), for being single, and for not being perfect.

Thank you for participating & the shout out! Love you!

<3

 
At November 4, 2010 at 9:39 PM , Blogger Tanvi said...

Love your list and your honesty!

 
At November 4, 2010 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

Congrats on the feature, love. It's so fun reading about you - and yay, Sophie Dahl!

I love your list, too. You should be done shaming yourself because you're a bright, brilliant, beautiful woman who deserves no shame at all! I think the thing I would most like to stop shaming myself for is the fact that I make mistakes. I always feel like I make silly blunders that everyone else notices. It makes me feel like I don't have anything to offer, and that's a terrible feeling. xo

 
At November 5, 2010 at 1:27 AM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

I do love your posts Anika, they're always fun to read and they improve my mood! You look amazing in these pics btw. I'm a long time animal print lover and that's no secret.
I'm done shaming myself about being perennially single, about my weight and also about the "could haves, should haves". I don't want to dwell in the past anymore!
Luv U honey, XX B.

 
At November 5, 2010 at 2:58 AM , Blogger the Citizen Rosebud said...

First off, I am impressed with your ingenuity. Great skirt.

Shame is so useless and so hard to irradicate. Because logic doesn't wash away shame. Thoughts don't diminish it. Only shamelessness takes it away. The disregard for the act of being embarassed.

I do have shame. It's sneaky. I feel shame sometime (and only sometime) when in large groups my originality stands out. That I don't quite fit in. But I have to let it go. Shame is useless as an emotion. Does nothing but paralyze the soul and makes us paralyzed. I think fear and shame our related...Fear we are not as good as...(fill in the blank)

Lately I've become shameless. There's nothing I can do by now to make myself different. I am me. that's all I have. Better just work with what I've got.
xo. -Bella Q

 
At November 5, 2010 at 5:38 AM , Blogger Julia said...

Love how you re-worked that fabric, stunning and unique as always!
Don't be too hard on youself hun, we're only human xo

 
At November 5, 2010 at 9:51 AM , Blogger dc said...

This dress you made is stunning!
Leopard and frills: probably my favorite dress!
DC
xx
http://dentelleetchocolat.blogspot.com/

 
At November 5, 2010 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Mode Plus said...

So glad you share, Anika. I'm not that brave all the time. And yes, I want to see your vlog. When is it?

And so thank you for giving me a spot here. You can't imagine what that does to my intern self : )

 
At November 5, 2010 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Leia said...

Your positive energy is so lovely Anika! I adore that dress, those white frills are gorgeous :)

Leia

 
At November 5, 2010 at 4:00 PM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

AMEN! You are gorgeous and we ALL experience so many of the same fears and guilty feelings. Just let it go! I think you look amazing, just the way you are.

Going over to read your feature now...congrats, honey! And yeah, please make that VLOG!

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

 
At November 5, 2010 at 8:03 PM , Blogger kristy said...

you are beautiful and i'm glad you won't be shaming yourself because you shouldn't!

and thank you for the lovely blog comment! it meant a lot to me. =)

p.s. vahni is one of my favorites as well. =)

Vogue Gone Rogue

 
At November 5, 2010 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Thank you all so much for talking with me :) I <3 you and have been surfing over to your wonderful blogs :)

xx Anika

 
At November 6, 2010 at 5:52 AM , Anonymous Lee Oliveira said...

Love the photo.. I love seeing you in leopard prints..
So chic
LOx

 
At November 6, 2010 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

great outfit! love how creative you are :) and the list is really good, you go girl!

xxx Charlie
http://www.femininebravery.com/

 
At November 7, 2010 at 4:51 PM , Blogger Goody said...

love the designing magic you worked with that top!

there is nothing like being authentic in your own shoes..our time on this big round orb is potentially short...what an insult to the Universe it would be to not live it to the fullest by loving ourselves and creating the lives we deserve!

kudos and fly journey to you!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home