This Page

has been moved to new address

New sandals,please! Cheers!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: New sandals,please! Cheers!

This Page

has been moved to new address

New sandals,please! Cheers!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
By Anika: New sandals,please! Cheers!

Monday, May 24, 2010

New sandals,please! Cheers!




My homemade studded sandals


Summer has arrived, bringing with it lovely sunny days and the annual "Shit, what to wear"-moment :) Sound familiar?

I adore summer, but let`s just say that the season brings plenty of opportunities to practice the art of self acceptance. I got out of my I-am-curvy-and-hot-and-bothered-and-don`t-know-how-to-dress-for-summer-without-feeling-unconfomfortably-curvy-period by getting back in charge, and first on the list was sandals!

I didn`t have any really (and I really can`t get to many shoes, all though my sweetheart seems to think otherwise.. but nevermind :) ).

So, there was nothing else to do but make my own pair!





Here is what I used to create my new sandals:
 I stripped a tired pair of espadrillos, used a waistband from a vest for straps and embellished the straps with studs from a neckline of a dress....

...and hey presto!


I love the slightly rough look of the straps with the studs. They`re also comfy to wear, and took me about an hour to make.



Here I am trying them out in a black dress of my own design that I also spruced up recently with taupe shoulder embelishments from a taupe sweateer-come-bolero-that now has gone to bolero heaven. :)



Here`s the bolero after I cut it to shape from a top, but before I removed the shoulders and tossed the rest of it.



Here are the fancy shoulders glitzying up this basic black dress



Detail of the taupe and black dazzle



Tell me dear fashionistas, what are your staples for summer?

xoxo Anika

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 24, 2010 at 12:16 PM , Anonymous marta i farta said...

det ble jo fint med de på skuldrene =) og kule sandaler <3

 
At May 24, 2010 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Weesha said...

comfy sandals are a must for summer, along with pretty summer dresses of course :) your sandals are very cute and I like the grey bolero- pretty! Have you considered selling your creations on etsy? I think you'd do well :)

 
At May 24, 2010 at 6:55 PM , Blogger L said...

Great DIY! I love them! I keep telling you honey, start your own fashion line ;D

<3

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my sweet fashionistas! Much appreciated! xxx Anika

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home